• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Retrosound Model One 2010

sigtauenus

I tried ordering the Model 1 stereo from NPD earlier this week and they were out of stock. Just called the company and it turns out they just shipped the new 2010 version to retailers in the past couple days, so I'll hit up NPD maybe next week for it.

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/category/id/1
http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/details/id/15

Has anybody tried this stereo? It looks pretty good. 2010 version has better LED display and extended input for USB/SD card.

If nobody can chime in, I guess I'll take the hit as the guinea pig and let you know how it works.

"sigtauenus" said:
If nobody can chime in, I guess I'll take the hit as the guinea pig and let you know how it works.

Well, it looks like I am in the guinea pig line... I just ordered one today through the RetroSound website, along with a 5x7 dual voice coil dash speaker. It will probably be a few weeks before I get a chance to install it though, got a lot of work ahead of me getting the dash area back together.

NPD finally got them back in stock last week, so I have one on order that should be here today. I'll post back with my impression of it.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering how both of you are liking your retrosound.

I don't hate it :roll

Seriously, it's got a few things going for it.

50w x 4 channels.
I didn't feel the need for a separate amp.

Fits in the stock dash opening.
No need to hack & slash, or pay out the wazoo for a DIN bezel to get it to fit.

Doesn't look like an expensive stereo that would be worth stealing at a glance.
Blends in decently with the interior.

The 5x7 dvc dash speaker doesn't have any bass to speak of, but I kind of expected that. I would have gotten some kick panels with speaker pods but from what I hear they would get in the way of the E-brake/clutch operation.

I've added a pair of Pioneer 6x9's that produce some pretty good bass to balance things out. Bear in mind I'm not a big sub-thumper, although the Pioneers should sound even better mounted in the rear deck rather than in the little carpeted boxes they are in now.

It came with a remote, but I haven't spent enough time with it to become very proficient yet. If I can figure out how to skip to the mp3 I want more expediently I would like it better.

Honestly though, I can see myself at some point wanting to upgrade to a new DIN-style/amp setup, if for no other reason than being able to plug the USB stick right into the radio rather than the USB extension cable. I didn't feel like drilling to mount the USB under the dash so I just have it tucked between the bottom of the center dash panel & the top of the console.

Thanks for the reply Doug. I am not looking for a thumper system either. Just wanting some decent sound. What wattage 6x9 speakers are you using? I was thinking of picking up the Model 1 from NPD this sunday when I go meet up with Waffles(Eric) in Mich. I am going to give him a drive shaft and also going up to visit with my son in Monroe.

"DougG69" said:
I don't hate it :roll

Seriously, it's got a few things going for it.

50w x 4 channels.
I didn't feel the need for a separate amp.

Fits in the stock dash opening.
No need to hack & slash, or pay out the wazoo for a DIN bezel to get it to fit.

Doesn't look like an expensive stereo that would be worth stealing at a glance.
Blends in decently with the interior.

The 5x7 dvc dash speaker doesn't have any bass to speak of, but I kind of expected that. I would have gotten some kick panels with speaker pods but from what I hear they would get in the way of the E-brake/clutch operation.

I've added a pair of Pioneer 6x9's that produce some pretty good bass to balance things out. Bear in mind I'm not a big sub-thumper, although the Pioneers should sound even better mounted in the rear deck rather than in the little carpeted boxes they are in now.

It came with a remote, but I haven't spent enough time with it to become very proficient yet. If I can figure out how to skip to the mp3 I want more expediently I would like it better.

Honestly though, I can see myself at some point wanting to upgrade to a new DIN-style/amp setup, if for no other reason than being able to plug the USB stick right into the radio rather than the USB extension cable. I didn't feel like drilling to mount the USB under the dash so I just have it tucked between the bottom of the center dash panel & the top of the console.

What he said. :)

Sorry, been busy, haven't been on much. Haven't had time to drive the car lately, in fact, the inspection expired in August and with the deployment coming up, I decided to just wait until I get home next summer.

Back