• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rocker molding delete

blu67

I’d like to eliminate my rocker molding but the clips are riveted onto the rockers. Now, I can certainly drill them out but I’m fairly certain some of the rivets will fall into the rocker itself. Any ideas as to how to avoid this? I don’t think I want the metal parts rattling around in there even though they likely won’t rust.
b157e7368c72979f397e0ce16449510d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't avoid this. A part of the rivet will fall into the rocker. But if the openings in the underside of the rockers are still open, maybe with compressed air you can blow them out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T805 met Tapatalk

You're worrying about nothing. The small backers that will fall off in there won't cause any issues and you'll never hear them rolling about either. Did it on mine a long time ago.

Are they not pop rivets? What do you mean by backers? Is it some sort of weird rivet/clip thing?

Just a made up term I used to name the rivet bit that is on the backside that will break off if drilled out. It's a technical term. Yeah, that's it.

Re install the stainless rockers. You would be surprised how much road rash they take and still look good.

Jinxing myself here but my naked rockers are still neat as the day I laid on the paint. You could also put on a clear chip guard tape too, if you really wanted.

That's just mean, Mike. I'd love to have it out but that nasty white stuff on the ground says different. Actually, it's more about the stupid salt they put on the roads but the result is the same. She only gets to roll out to warm up and stir the oil and charge the battery once and awhile this time of year.

That's just mean, Mike. I'd love to have it out but that nasty white stuff on the ground says different. Actually, it's more about the stupid salt they put on the roads but the result is the same. She only gets to roll out to warm up and stir the oil and charge the battery once and awhile this time of year.
And clean the plugs....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Back