• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rocker Panel Molding Install

janschutz

Corn Hauler
I needed to install my rocker panels but some of the holes for the clips were covered by the body shop. I took some old panels I had in the garage and drilled holes in them to make a jig. This allows for the clips to all be straight while they are being installed for the rocker molding.
RP1.jpg

RP2.jpg

With the panel jig on the car by a couple old clips still on the car, I drilled the holes for the rivets. Then I riveted them to the car.
RP3.jpg

The panel is mounted. Both sides took only 40 minuets. :ecit For once a project went off without a hitch.
RP4.jpg

RP5.jpg

:pbj

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Mine are at the paint shop right now being painted body color, the top lip will remain silver. Hope to hang them on there soon. They didnt fill the holes on my car, so they are still there.

That's one way to do it. Another is just to mount the front/rear clips, set your new molding on top of them and use it as a straight edge to mount all the rest of the clips. Usually takes about 10 minutes a side.

Back