• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Roof worth trying to fix?

nymustang

I have been digging a little deeper into my fastback project and i was looking at my roof. Looks like it was hit at one point and the roof was poorly repaired mostly with bondo. Any thoughts if its worth trying to have this repaired or should I be thinking about a roof skin?

278-300912172947.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"nymustang" said:
I have been digging a little deeper into my fastback project and i was looking at my roof. Looks like it was hit at one point and the roof was poorly repaired mostly with bondo. Any thoughts if its worth trying to have this repaired or should I be thinking about a roof skin?

278-300912172947.jpeg

grind the filler back to bare metal and have a good look at it first before you reskin.
A little more effort to repair original metal will be a better investment than using repop.
Also dont forget if you reskin, you will have to deal with your lead seams at the back window.

Last edited by a moderator:
After you strip it, make a template off of the drivers side roof line so you can see just how far out the passenger side is out and also as a tool to help bring the passenger side back into shape.

BTW, I used the dynacorn roof skin on my car and the fit and finish were very good. The replacement process wasn't bad at all...

also on the lead filler, there are also two more lead joints at the top of the windshield pillars.

Back