• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Room for 1 more??

65fstbk

Hey guys...found my way here from my old favorite hang out. Got the info that concoursmustang was where alot of you went...from there Randy (Midlife) pointed me to here....Thanks Randy.!!.. I notice a BUNCH of familiar names. A quick look around the place, and it feels like home. :craz ..For those that dont know me...or remember me (Im not one to post much)...I have a '65 fastback (DUH!) that has been an ongoing project for more years than I care to remember. Being married with 4 daughters and 4 granddaughters has consumed most of my time and the mustang has been on the back burner for a few years...With any luck, I will get back to it when the weather breaks here...Speaking of here..I live in Ohio near Sandusky (between Toledo and Cleveland)
Thanks for the new site to kick back on and enjoy the reading...may it be like old times! :pf

Joe

yep...pretty much out in the middle of now-where :roulette ...except that BFE has better weather..... right now I am waiting on a snow storm to go through and ruin my week-end
.....typical views from BFE...:...
backyard003.jpg

backyard025.jpg

and I get to look forward to this when the rain comes in the spring:..
pics001-1.jpg

pics002.jpg

and you guys may wonder why we have problems with rust in these parts :doh ...maybe thats why when we get old we migrate to Florida and live among the other blue hairs..*G*

Joe

Room for many more

Welcome to the Dark Side. We have cookies here. :pbj
170_28_10_09_8_05_53.JPG

Not sure whose turn it is now, but one of the mods will be by tomorrow with the free beer. :pop :pop fd

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, Glad to see you made it here. Welcome to the fix. I am planning on going to columbus in April, are you going?

"Fast68back" said:
Welcome! Isn't Sandusky where they have that amusement park with all the roller coasters?

Why yes it is :pbj I LOVE Cedar Point!! Deb and I will be there after 4th of July this year.

Welcome aboard Joe

yep..Cedar Point..GREAT place to spend the day! except it can get :$$$ we used to buy season passes when the kids were young...get home from work/school...spend a couple hours riding the coasters..it was great. I heard Cedar Fair may be getting bought up by another group (Cedar Fair also owns Knotts Berry Farm...among others) I hope nothing changes much (well...maybe lwer the cost of addmission)...speaking of which, when you make plans for coming down after the 4th, send me a pt and I will see what kind of discount price on tickets I can get.
Kinda like buying a car....never pay sticker..lol

Joe

"6t6red" said:
Joe, Glad to see you made it here. Welcome to the fix. I am planning on going to columbus in April, are you going?

I hope too..I couldnt make the Fall swap this year, and really dont need alot for the mustang, but Its always a good time seeing everyone. Did you guys all meet at Shauns again last fall?...Just re-read this...I better clarify....I already have a stock pile of parts waiting to go on the mustang..(rear frame rail patches..DS inner and outer wheel wells....DS cowlpatch.. torque boxes for the front...rear seat upholstery )I need to quit making excuses and get it up to the front garage and start welding...then I can buy even more sheet metal and continue welding...

Joe

I didn't get to go this fall either. Sounds like you have alot going on with the car. I would be interested in seeing how the cowl patch works out. I found that my ps cowl has some rot around the hat area and it leaks pretty good with a good rain. I don't have much that I need either but I would like to go and just look around. May pick up a hump Hugger console if I see one there.

here is a shot of my PS...I dont have a "before" uploaded...the red line you see to the right is where the patch panel came to before I trimmed it. I had ALOT of rot and just cut straight up from where the metal was good and trimmed the repair panel to fit...I butt welded it, and shining a light in from inside I dont see anything shining through, but I am still going to use some brushable seam sealer on it. The fit was pretty good, just a little tweaking at the firewall and the a pillar..(where the brazing is)
I was in the process of repairing the cowl when I bought my current house. At that time I stopped where I was at, loaded it on a trailer and put it in the "back" garage....thats why I still have the drivers side to do...that was 3 1/2 years ago and it is still sitting there. Ive been a little reluctant to spend too much on the mustang since then. If you remember, it was about 3 1/2 years ago that the housing market went belly up...lol...I am still sitting on my old house, but just this last December finished some remodeling and rented it out...I dont really want to be a landlord, but its paying the bills....

3625440080_medium.jpg
3625440079_medium.jpg

As you know, the worst part of this repair is getting to it...I counted just a few spot welds short of 300 that needed drilling out. I went ahead and removed the lower cowl also so I could clean up and paint the back side of my dash...it had a lot of surface rust...and while I was at it.................. :craz
Joe

Looks like a great job you did on that. I can see now that I may have to live with my leak. I just got mine on the road in July after 6 years of work. I don't think I will be pulling the cowl apart at this point in time. It sucks to find my leak after the car is painted and basically done. :cry

Welcome, always room for 1 more. Nice work, looks like time for you to add a thread in the Member Builds section.

Back