• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rusty's 1965 A code restomod coupe build, 20+ years in the making!

Nothing earth shattering here. Finally cut the extra ears off my Contour fans and mocked up with the 24" radiator.
tango_face_grin.png
Next is a Home Depot/Lowes run for 1/2"X 1/2" aluminum angle and hardware to mount the fan to the radiator, trim the radiator opening and mount the controller.

I have about 500 more parts to install, including the engine to get this thing back on the road.

Rusty

Attachments

• IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 25
I finally got around to mocking up my CVF Racing serpentine conversion. My whole build is a 20 plus year endeavor, between trying to remember where I left off, to adding the Classic Auto Air system.

Anyway, this mockup was going great, until I got to the alternator mount. My original plan was to use a GM 10SI that I modified 20 years ago. CVF sell an adaptor kit that addresses this so with all parts in hand I installed everything. Well, the spacer/adapter was 1/2" short. One phone call to CVF to verify the part and the correct one is on it's way to my, no charge. I can't ask for anything more. They will get my recommendation and business for a quality product and even better customer service and support. Thank you CVF Racing.

I will post more pics once I have it all installed and mocked up.

Rusty

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 30
Update. I called and sorted out the issue on Wednesday 8/30 at 10:00am PST, I had tracking info that afternoon and the part showed up Friday, 9/1 all the way from Minnesota.

I got home from work this morning and finished mocking it up. Pretty sweet setup! I like it a lot and look forward to buttoning this up and getting it on the road.

Thank you, again CVF Racing!

Rusty

Attachments

• IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    349.6 KB · Views: 17
IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0109.JPG So I thought I would add another pic or two for those that are considering Speedhut gauges. I took advantage of the Labor Day sale and bought the four 2-1/16" gauges for my bezel. My main reason for doing them now was so I didn't need to redo any wiring later. I still have the AAW harness going in and this way I can get th dash done the first time, hopefully.

I have attached the pic with the VDO gauges and Speedhut 4" dual speedo/tach and a pic with all Speedhut gauges. I really like how they look and can't wait to get this thing running!

Rusty

Back