• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sad news...sort of....

RustyRed

We had to have the wife's dog of 17 years put down yesterday.

He's been going down hill and had some trouble getting around for a while but we left him be.

Last few days I think he had a stroke or something...he seemed like his mind was fuzzy. I caught him day before yesterday acting like he was trapped between a door and the wall. Not sure how long he would've stayed there bumping into the wall if I hadn't directed him through the doorway.

At any rate, we had to have him put down yesterday.

They are dropping like flies around our place....our elderly cat died on us a few months ago and now the dog. We still have the rabbit (who's young) and Dante the elderly cat who is about the same age as the Pomeranian was...around 17 years old.

The boys liked him so glad they got to say goodbye.

However, now they are on my butt to get them a puppy. They've really wanted a puppy for a while but before I could tell them we already had a dog, two cats and a rabbit. Guess I'm out of excuses now though I did tell them wait till after we go on vacation in a couple weeks.

Looks like there will be a boxer puppy in our pretty immediate future...

Sorry for your loss... sort of...

I have read your past posts on your love of the dog. :sarc

fd

Sorry for your loss Sheldon...sort of...

Make sure you train that puppy right!

"silverblueBP" said:
Make sure you train that puppy right!

Will do...that was part of the problem with the Pom....one they are air heads and hard to train in the first place but he was two or three years old already when the wife and I started dating. He got a little better but was a spoiled brat by the time I came along.

If I'm going to train a dog I prefer to get started when they are young puppies.

Debated between a lab or a boxer shortly but really leaning more towards a boxer.

Back