• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Scrapheap challenge....

phil k

This car was bad, very bad. It had been involved in a front end collision and somebody had decided to cut the car into 2 sections across the middle. Unfortunately when the welded the car back together they made a complete hash of it and bailed out. This is where I come into the story. I bought the car as it is in the first photograph and decided I could save the car and make an Eleanor clone out of it (yes I know I'm not a big fan, but it'll make money once sold lol)
Anyway, I got the car up onto the jig and set it up straight, welded an entire new front end, one piece floor section and finally a replacement roof section was welded into place. Believe me when I say that this car is straight and very rigid with sub frame connectors and X brace all fitted up under the car.

It's still at the workshop waiting to be finished but the car isn't a priority right now, but it will be finished eventually.

Phil

SAM_0609.jpg

SAM_0910.jpg

SAM_0665.jpg

SAM_0914.jpg

SAM_1151.jpg

SAM_1156.jpg

SAM_0917.jpg

SAM_1120.jpg

DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

Quite the challenge. Most would have probably scrapped it or used it for a few donor parts.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

It's great you guys are saving these cars. Even if it is to build Eleanors :rolleyes:. I do like that you haven't used the standard E hood. I am not a fan of that hood scoop at all.

You guys and your Eleanor bashing are starting to hurt my feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're e coupe is different Craig. I love it.

I don't hate the Eleanor's, I just get tired of the silver with black stripes straight from the movie.

You're e coupe is different Craig. I love it.

I don't hate the Eleanor's, I just get tired of the silver with black stripes straight from the movie.

thanks Pat.
I was just messing around.
I too wouldn't copy the movie car exactly. Although I would love a Starsky and Hutch Torino replica

I just like the basic lines of the Eleanor body mods. It seams to be modern take on the classic lines and kind of gives a SCCA trans am- ish look to the car

Well , FWIW , I like Eleanor....... except the hood.
Love both the 67 and 68 shelby style hood alot.

I went with the Eleanor but was torn ad I too like the 67 Shelby hood better. I also love the 68 Shelby but that wasn't an option at the time. And I hadn't thought about making one like this one.
I have been toying with the idea of making my own hood. This inspires me.

Back