• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seats in a 67

lethal289

i know its common for the fox body seat swap, but mostly i see it with GT seats. Would the fox body LX 5.0 seats fit just the same, or are they taller? TIA

When I changed the seats in my 85 GT I put the lx seats in to replace the GT seats. I sat alittle higher in mine.

Is this what you're talking about?

index.php

It doesn't seem any higher to me, not much anyway. I've installed the headrest since this picture was taken.

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Is this what you're talking about?

index.php

It doesn't seem any higher to me, not much anyway. I've installed the headrest since this picture was taken.

Frank

Yep, that looks like it. Thanks Frank. I was worried that i read somewhere they sit a couple inches higher. At 6'2", im not sure i can afford that. lol

"lethal289" said:
Yep, that looks like it. Thanks Frank. I was worried that i read somewhere they sit a couple inches higher. At 6'2", im not sure i can afford that. lol

Lethal, if you haven't installed them yet it helps a lot to move them back 1"-2" at the front mount. Many use their original tracks and drill a new front hole in the fox seatbottoms and put a nut behind. I used the fox sliders and drilled/chiseled the 'feet' off of them than make them sit so high on test fit. Instead of drilling new holes in the seat bottom I used a 1/4"thick X1"wide piece of plate steel as an adaptor and moved mine back 1-2" in the process. I'm 6'1" and it helped a lot with leg room and with the tilt you can gain some head room. My head is the same distance from the headliner as with my stock seats since the seat bottoms are at the same height. I don't even use the full extent of the seat now.

Here's a few pics I can attach more if you need:
seats90vs67incarside.jpg

67vs90seatheights.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

Jon

Back