• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sept 1st track day at Heartland Park Topeka

A

Anonymous

It actually did NOT rain on me today, unless you call a broken engine "raining on me"

Here's a video of the second session when the car goes haywire. Looks like I'll be spending the weekend trouble shooting. At about 1:30 the "music" starts. Coming back in at 4:50 I put it in neutral and it died. Put it back in gear and it ran till I got to the trailer.

Uh Oh
Maybe it's only electrical or maybe the carb needs rebuilt :eek:mg

At least the first 20 min session went well.

It starting doing hiccups when you downshifted from 4th to 3rd... that's what popped out at me from the video. Is it still drivable?

Don't give up yet Mark, 2010 still has plenty of surprises left, we are only in September and things just might shape up. I hope you get some more track time in, I love the youtube videos.

Stang sounds great by the way.

man, that sucks! almost sounds like ignition. sounds like the advance isn't keeping up on acceleration. had an MSD box go haywire on a buddies cuda one time & it acted very similar. how does it act at a steady speed?

Hopefully just carb or ignition.

Don't they have tow trucks there? You know 99% of the time problems don't go away if you keep driving...

Sounds like the battery wasn't secured :scar

Good luck troubleshooting. That sucks but hopefully it won't be too bad. Cool video and yes, we're glad you got some track time in. I'll have to say that when you were pulling off the track, obviously a little ticked taking your gloves off but leaving your helmet on, reminded me of one of these new age nascrap boys getting ready for a confrontation. I was waiting for you to jump out of your car and start yelling through your face shield.

Yeah they have 4 trucks at the ready. As soon as it acted up I spent the rest of the time listening trying to see what it might be. Going on and off the throttle etc....
It's not like I can just take it home, start it up and drive it down the highway, so I do it at the track. One of the very few bad things about being out in the boonies :eek:mg

"blue65coupe" said:
Sounds like the battery wasn't secured :scar

Good luck troubleshooting. That sucks but hopefully it won't be too bad. Cool video and yes, we're glad you got some track time in. I'll have to say that when you were pulling off the track, obviously a little ticked taking your gloves off but leaving your helmet on, reminded me of one of these new age nascrap boys getting ready for a confrontation. I was waiting for you to jump out of your car and start yelling through your face shield.

I was channeling my inner "Karate Man", I was yelling on the inside :lol

In reality, it was more like.....OK, I give up. After months of rain cancelled track days, ski days, not selling shart, U-joints, cracked ribs and now this.......It's just a "Kev" year and I might as well accept it instead of swimming against the current.

In the grand scheme of these, it's all trivial and it gives us all comedic material.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
man, that sucks! almost sounds like ignition. sounds like the advance isn't keeping up on acceleration. had an MSD box go haywire on a buddies cuda one time & it acted very similar. how does it act at a steady speed?

It was missing just a little, but would get worse as the go pedal was applied. It would stay running as long as the car was moving, but once stopped or out of gear at idle it would immediately die. It did start back up, but it took awhile and needed a lot of fuel.

I won't start looking at it till Saturday.

"Fast68back" said:
You have a tractor, you have land.......why not build a test track at the casa......

Lack of Pesos

I vote it's an ignition issue, not the carb. It sounds like a bad coil or if you have points, it's the condenser or both.

I've herd that should a few times - Just my .02

I also have had that feeling a few times. Watching you pull the steering wheel says it all - :roulette

No points, all electronic. It's an MSD 6AL box with a MSD power blaster coil. It's all about 7 years old with 6 years of road/track time.

Hell, it COULD be an easy fix (fingers crossed).

Seriously??

I can't quite explain outside of the PW forums, but it has to do with butts.

Sad when a comic doesn't get the joke :sur

Back