• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sept 30th Track Day video

you guys are harsh! cool vid, that engine sounds great. Serious question, when you say he wouldn't point by, does that mean you can't pass?

"tarafied1" said:
Serious question, when you say he wouldn't point by, does that mean you can't pass?

Correctamundo, we are not supposed to pass anyone without first getting a "point by". That tells the faster driver that I know you're there so as not to scare the living crap out of them when I go by at WOT :nice
It's just that every now and then you get a snapperhead that thinks NO ONE should pass him cause he's got a car that's fast.........in a straight line! Unless you want to get black flagged your options are only to back off a little and let him get a straight ahead or drive through pit lane to make some space. I usually choose to just back off for a short time if there are no cars behind me.

It's a pet peeve for most drivers, if you are on track and you have a car come up on you, he/she's obviously FASTER, so give em a point by at the next passing zone. The ones that won't give a point by are usually the same ones that are always on the wrong line and outta control.....with a fast car.

If I have a front engine, 2WD car that's similar to mine pass me I try to follow their line and see if it helps me!

"silverblueBP" said:
Correctamundo, we are not supposed to pass anyone without first getting a "point by". That tells the faster driver that I know you're there so as not to scare the living crap out of them when I go by at WOT :nice
It's just that every now and then you get a snapperhead that thinks NO ONE should pass him cause he's got a car that's fast.........in a straight line! Unless you want to get black flagged your options are only to back off a little and let him get a straight ahead or drive through pit lane to make some space. I usually choose to just back off for a short time if there are no cars behind me.

It's a pet peeve for most drivers, if you are on track and you have a car come up on you, he/she's obviously FASTER, so give em a point by at the next passing zone. The ones that won't give a point by are usually the same ones that are always on the wrong line and outta control.....with a fast car.

If I have a front engine, 2WD car that's similar to mine pass me I try to follow their line and see if it helps me!

Some groups I've run with allow unlimited passing in the faster groups. If they don't do that in your groups, pull into the pits and give the, 'I need space' signal out the window. The start/finish guy should find a gap for you.

Oh, and then go talk with the Cheby guy after the session and politely explain that this isn't a drag race. If you don't see me in your mirrors one turn, but the next, I'm fast than you so let me by. You should then tell him to try following you because his line was ASS!

thanks, I got the bug after running around the Nashville Super Speedway. I don't like the SCCA Solo II parking lot thing as much as a real track. I don't know much about it though.

Just be prepared to have a blast! It's very addictive.

Check with the local tracks for open track days. Also, check with the local SAAC, Porsche, Audi and BMW clubs, they all host HPDE weekends.

Cool video !!!
I still have a 68 coupe sitting in the dark , very rusty , but i always dreamed to make this a 68 terlingua racing replica.And race at the local racetrack.I am afraid it will always be a dream to me .

It'll only stay a dream if you let it Bruno! It was my dream to run a 65/66 on track since I was 22, it took me till I was 44, but it was worth the time & effort :vic

Back