• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag got wet

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
8 more action shots after you click on the following. My digital camera died so I had to use my phone camera. UGH!

Must feel pretty good to see that! Congrats on the new skin.

But the photos still make the car out to be primer grey in color...what gives with that?

You really need to replace your contacts........or you need to change your prescription med.......or

Craig,

The results look great.... but is this a professional shop or just some guys garage? Spraying the clear coat, the painter should've been wearing a full dust suit. Not only to protect himself from dying a young death, but also to keep all of his little arm hairs and dead skin out of the clear coat. I'd have thought being in CA that the laws would be super strict on PPE? Even here in backwoods NC, we wear the disposable suits when we're laying paint.... weird.

Anyways, the car looks great! How soon do you estimate they'll finish it? From my experiences, don't bring that car home until you're 100% satisfied with it and they're 100% finished with it.

What Dave said is very true. The body man that did my last '66 in Az. had to close his shop due to paint poisoning. He is in his mid 40's. His dad died from it. The family never learned. Another son will soon have the same problem. Darn good body men though.

Car is looking good.

Yes, that is a paint booth at a body shop. Yes, I'm sure they are not up to Calif standards. Can't say when the car will be ready to come home for there is still a fair amount to do. Maybe a couple weeks.

The laws here don't require that you wear a full respirator suit. I believe the bare minimum for OSHA is a respirator mask like the one the guy is wearing and safety glasses (which he's not wearing). It's not AS bad as it used to be, seeing as all the paint supplies here are low-VOC now. Not saying it's good, but it's not as bad as it was 10 years ago.

I do agree, though, full suits are usually worn to keep any contaminants out of the paint while spraying. Most full shops I've seen use full respirator suits.

Back