• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag's new seats

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Just couldn't have Shag's seats recovered without a little OMG added. Instead of doing them like I did with Reds, this time I chose to have an upholstery shop do them. Same shop that did Stan's (Aslan).

Top view of nice looking Parchment. The headrests, recommended and used by Fast68back are TMI's Sport series. Easy to install into 68 frames for they already have the holes required.
4_01_09_10_2_06_05_0.JPG

Here's a pic of 1 of 2 burlap bags supplied by our one and only Beach Pony. Since I knew I was needing new burlap for this project...........
4_01_09_10_2_06_05_1.JPG

Bottom view of burlap in place. I'd love to see the look on the face of whomever will own Shag after I am long gone. Hopefully though my son will want to keep the car to help prolong that discovery.
4_01_09_10_2_06_06_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. That should give the dogs something to look for. You know those were soaked good so the "odor" will never leave......

They look great Craig :10 .........make sure to post a after photo when the K-9'S rip them apart. :eek

I'm not really sure if they're going to go with the rest of your interior.

Oh are we not doing that anymore?

OK then, they look great! I would love to see them up close...pictures are great, but that sure looks like a high quality upholstery job!! :10 :10 :10

That car looks awesome, Craig! I wish we had a drooling smiley thingy, cause I need it! I am turning green with envy!

Mel

:10 Glad to see the headrest mod since I am redoing my seat and want to do that alos. Did you get the ones for 67 and modify the mounts or do they have mounts for 68s now?

"janschutz" said:
:10 Glad to see the headrest mod since I am redoing my seat and want to do that also. Did you get the ones for 67 and modify the mounts or do they have mounts for 68s now?

Yes the ones for 67 with standard bucket brackets. The seats frames being 68 already had the necessary holes, thus no modifying or drilling was required. Pretty easy.

Back