• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shake Down Cruise!

Sluggo

Yesterday was the first time the Mach has been driven more than 5 miles in 8 years.

I just finished rebuilding the suspension complete, rebuilt rear end, new radiator,w/pump, fuel pump, gas tank, new wheels and tires, tune up parts, blah blah.

It was hotter than a 3 peckered billygoat yesterday and the temp gauge stayed dead center @ 70 mph cruise. 25 miles one way. Heats up a tad at red light.

Suspension was awesome. Got a little tire rub over heavy bumps, and the power steering control valve has got to go. So does Edelbrock carb.

Anyway, it went well and am pleased with the progress.

1_10_08_08_8_00_29.jpg

Tire rub? Front or back, hell your runnin 14"s aint ya? What size carb you gonna put on there? You decide on a color yet? Black jade?

"Fast68back" said:
Tire rub? Front or back, hell your runnin 14"s aint ya? What size carb you gonna put on there? You decide on a color yet? Black jade?

Forgot your Ritalin this AM? Sheesh!

15x8 magnums in back, 4.5 bs w/255/60/15 tyras. Rubs just a ch on the right side. So light I can't even find witness marks on the tyra.

prolly 750 dp

Black jade is the chosen color. Wife want's it red but I can't do it. I see red machs all over the place. Not that anything is wrong with red. (don't wad up yer panties waffles)

"Starfury" said:
What's wrong with the carb? My Edelbrock works fine:p

Prolly the fact that it sat for 8 years with gas in it :mad: Plus I don't know jack about adjusting it.

Edelbrocks are cake. Take it apart (easy to do), spray it out with carb cleaner (or maybe let it soak in some Chem-dip), put it back together, and buy yourself a tune kit:) As soon as you figure out how the carb works (it's a really simple design), it's pretty easy to get it tuned.

"Starfury" said:
Edelbrocks are cake. Take it apart (easy to do), spray it out with carb cleaner (or maybe let it soak in some Chem-dip), put it back together, and buy yourself a tune kit:) As soon as you figure out how the carb works (it's a really simple design), it's pretty easy to get it tuned.

NAPA sell da kit?

Back