• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shelby Tail light panel

jking

Bought this at the Springfield swap meet friday really cheap...How does it mount? Would it look good with a stock decklid? I eventually want to get the spoilered decklid and quarter extensions but have alot to get done before that.

So should I stick in on before paint or wait until I get the decklid and put it in storage?

08212010256.jpg

Looks like it has holes for screws??? Can get better pictures if needed just snapped a quick one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just screws on, but you'll have to cut your tail panel for the light bulbs and wiring to fit through.
The attached pic is a 67, but the 68 style that you have is similar.
On my 68 style, the PO just cut three holes on each side, rather than the big rectangular opening.

Do you have pictures of it from the backside? Or progess of putting it on?

Also does anyone think it will look good with a stock decklid or should I wait until I get the spoilered decklid?

It would not look good with a stock coupe deck lid. The stock lid comes down in the center around the stock three bar taillights and would look funny in my opinion. The FB in the link looks okay because the deck lid is flat across the panel but the coupe isn't.

Alright...Thanks guys I'll put it in storage for a few days and when I get a decklid and quarter extensions bought I'll have a tail light panel.

Yeah...I already have the housing and wiring so I'll probably stick with it...But I'm known to change my mind a million times a day.

We use mustang project lights with our own panel, I would never cut the back end out of a tailpanel even if i got it for free. When you use our spoiler that fits on your steel deck you have a perfect fit . Rich.

Back