• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shift Indicator Light - Question?

Gi-Ti-Up

Where under the dash( under the carpet) does the shifter light get connected? :shrug I can't find it in the elec. schematics -- does anyone have a picture?? :thu Thanks, Bill Palmer

It would help get you a clearer answer, Bill, if you told us what year car you have.

the car is a 67 coupe -------- 289 automatic. I would appreciate help. I can't finish laying the carpet. Cheers, Bill Palmer

:bowdown I know the wiring goes under the carpet ......... BUT......... what electrical wire (color) does it connect to, up under the dash??? Thanx, Bill :roll

Blue/red is the wire. Unfortunately, that's the same colored wire as the dash lamps, which only work when the headlight switch is pulled out. There's usually a separate female bullet connector near the gauge firewall plug (64.5-66) or by the fuse box (67/68) that you can use. For 69/70's, it is a large female bullet plug on the engine side of the firewall.

I have a 68 electrical assembly manual and I assume its pretty close to the 67. It shows the automatic transmission indicator light wire plugs into a RED insulated bullet connector that should be near the fuse block and as part of the main harness that comes off the fuse block.

Back