• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show me your boots!

68stang289

Shift boots that is :pun

I currently have one of those Hurst shift boots from the auto parts store (PO put it on) and attached a picture from earlier in the restoration process.

Needless to say, I hate the look. I'm not running a console because I'm running a custom gauge pod I fabricated under the radio bezel and the outcome is a less than stellar in my opinion. It just looks sloppy and unfinished. I'd really like to get a setup that has a nice chrome bezel that screws down (as opposed to the "floating style") around the shift boot, but what kind of non-floating setups are you guys running/have seen and saved pictures of because you really liked?

Attachments

• IMG-20121206-00179.jpg
    IMG-20121206-00179.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 149
"6t6red" said:
I got this one from Summit. It screws down.

I like that a lot. Did it bolt right up to the tunnel, or did it require any modifications? And where did you get that nice shift boot?

Just place the trim ring over the tunnel where you want it and drill the 8 screw holes. The shifter boot and trim ring come as a package. I got it thru Summit Racing. I will put a link to the one I have. It may seem pricey but it is holding up well. If by chance you buy it I will suggest using weatherstrip adhesive to hold the boot to the underside of the trim ring. The boot won't try to slide out from under the trim ring that way. Here is the Link.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-70-bfmb/overview/

Heck, make your own boot like I did out of real letha' :thum

e3e9yzym.jpg

evazebej.jpg

The bezel which uses the tunnel's original holes is made locally by JRL design. Here's a link to his ebay listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-65-MUSTANG-SHIFTER-BEZEL-INTERIOR-RIM-KIT-BILLET-RESTOMOD-/181279603049?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1968%7CModel%3AMustang&hash=item2a351b3969&vxp=mtr

Tapayakin' from my iphone

Yep the bezel Craig suggested is awesome. We bought them locally. I just used the stock rubber boot with mine. I liked this look so much I did not install the factory console.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390888327.644439.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390888327.644439.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 28
Back