• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show me your carpet please ; )

Dne'

Hi Stangeroos! I'm curious of what other carpet color I could use instead of black. I have some low back stock seats that I may reupholster and have vinyl piping installed to match the color of my stang. Someone posted a photo on one of my threads, but I have no idea where that photo went! The color of my stang does limit my selection :( The center of my console, and the little door, I was thinking of painting it the same color as my car too, but that's all it is right now, an idea. Just like to have a little contrast. I still may take the little door out of the console and put a tach there.
So, let's see what carpet/interior colors you have~
dne'

IMG_9019.jpg

A silver or medium gray carpet would work good. You could tie it all together with a few interior parts painted to match and then a small stripe on the outside along the edge of your existing stripes.

Thanks Rick, yeah, that photo is gone(how'd you find that so quickly!!). Like Pete said, silver/gray might look ok. I think black shows debris/stuff moreso than gray. I have the black now, but I've never taken it out of the box. One of those many instances when I bought something I didn't need until now when I'm having a change of heart! lol

"Fast68back" said:
Your post is over here.... http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php/topic,1544.0.html but I think the image is gone/expired.

I have black carpet, I think anything light would be a PIA to keep clean.

" Show me your carpet please ; ) "

i asked that question once & got slapped, so be careful! :lol

best advice i can give is K.I.S.S. you don't want to get too many different colors going on the interior or it will look "busy".

Well, since you asked...
427_17_04_10_7_13_28_2.jpg

but I'm not sure that would work with your colors.

If you want, you can get some custom ordered in orange to match the exterior...

I'm going parchment interior and headliner but black dashpad, black dash panels and cluster and black carpet. Anything other than a very dark color will not remain the original color for very long..........assuming you drive the car.

Back