• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show Us Whatcha Got!

joesgt281

This thread will be for introducing us to your late-model Stang.
Give us a pic or two and a little background on how you came to own it, and any work you've done on it.

This thread will be for introducing us to your late-model Stang.
Give us a pic or two and a little background on how you came to own it, and any work you've done on it.

OK, since I've got an SN95, I'll go first :dance

Here's a few pics of my daily driver that I've owned for about 8 years.
She started life as a purchase from the original owner that had gone from nose to tail with every mod available back in the day....SVO heads, intake, blower, exhaust, suspension, etc.
But it was a very plain-jane looking GT. I scarfed it up and immediately began the Saleen-clone transformation.
It's very reliable and I love the Saleen styling. There's not alot of them out there so it gets some looks and the occasional thumbs up.

101107.jpg

142598.jpg

263338.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some shots of our triple black '07 GT Vert. These were mostly taken Aug. '07 when we picked up the car. Bought it when the wife was getting both knees replaced. She could not drive for two months. lol It is really a blast. I now have a slightly larger tire on the rear, a Ford CAI and tune, hood scoop and the muffler delete option. We also changed the mirrors to the Agent 47 type as seen in the one picture.
100_9569.jpg

100_9570.jpg

100_9566.jpg

100_9565.jpg

100_9745.jpg

100_9568-1.jpg

Thanks. Yea, since I have the new '66, she gets to drive the '07. If I try to take it away, she gets violent. lol She does comment on how many others always want to race. Maybe I better check it out.....

<<< See Avatar.

Bought my '05 Satin Silver GT on April 8, 2005. Loved it just the stock way it was. At first. Spent the next 2 years building it to it's current state of BMR suspension, Air Aid CAI, lowered, and blown by Saleen. It's taken me from MO to TX and back several times, before I moved here permanently, and also drove to Myrtle Beach last summer for MustangWeek2007. My daughter thinks it's the coolest thing around (smart kid).

I'm no whiz with posting pics, but my good friend Joe might oblige us and put up a couple shots for me :)

That's my short story....come see me at Niftee Fiftees this Saturday, and I'll elaborate more about how much this car has changed my life.

95_13_11_08_9_03_18.JPG

95_13_11_08_9_01_41.jpg

&quot;Liz&quot; said:
<<< See Avatar.

Bought my '05 Satin Silver GT on April 8, 2005. Loved it just the stock way it was. At first. Spent the next 2 years building it to it's current state of BMR suspension, Air Aid CAI, lowered, and blown by Saleen. It's taken me from MO to TX and back several times, before I moved here permanently, and also drove to Myrtle Beach last summer for MustangWeek2007. My daughter thinks it's the coolest thing around (smart kid).

I'm no whiz with posting pics, but my good friend Joe might oblige us and put up a couple shots for me :)

That's my short story....come see me at Niftee Fiftees this Saturday, and I'll elaborate more about how much this car has changed my life.

95_13_11_08_9_03_18.JPG

95_13_11_08_9_01_41.jpg

Did I see this car at Ottos 3-4 weeks ago?

BTW. Welcome :pep

Otto's

I haven't been to Otto's since probably May, so it wasn't me you saw recently.....but once Niftees is over, I'll likely be heading down to the Fountains once in awhile to get my car scene fix.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Joe, I'll deal with you later. Your ride will be in the trunk!

Instead of typing it all out I'll just copy/paste the info from my site........

This is the 2008 Fun Ford Weekend Series Ultra Stang Champion. Affectionately known as Butch, this 2007 Ford Mustang GT has served as a fantastic daily driver and one of the most feared cars in FFW and NMRA. Very quick, very fast, and very consistent. Purchased from Joe Myers Ford in Houston, Texas in April of 2007, Butch quickly established himself as a serious player by winning the FFW Baytown race exactly one week after being purchased. The paper dealer plates were still on the car prompting several competitors to wonder if the car had actually been purchased or not!

With the installation of the Heritage GT Twin Turbo System, Butch has run as quick as 10.887 at 127.89 mph. At a race weight of 3820 lbs he is cranking out 477 rwhp and 541 rwtq on only 8 pounds of boost from the twin Garrett 53mm turbochargers with 93 octane pump gasoline. With a season record of six wins, one runner-up, and two semi-finals in a nine race season Butch has established himself as THE car to beat at any race.

EnnisBigBurnout.jpg

SDC10004.jpg

turbosetup4.jpg

Here are the specs on the car......

2007 Ford Mustang GT – “Butch�

-Stock 17K mile engine – Cragar Heritage GT Twin Turbo System
-Meziere Electric Water Pump – WP346S
-Cragar Performance Exhaust Axle Back System – CRA 1014

-Stock 5R55S transmission – Precision Industries 2500 rpm converter
-Performance Automatic deep pan and dipstick

-Spydershaft aluminum, one-piece driveshaft – Leonard Racing Products

-Stock 8.8 Ford rear end – 3.31 gears, stock LSD, stock 31 spline axles
-Metco Motorsports Suspension Components
-Billet Aluminum Lower Control Arms – MCA2005
-Instant Center Modification Brackets – MIC2005
-Adjustable Upper Control Arm – MUC2005
-Heavy duty Upper Control Arm Bracket – MUB2005
-Driveshaft Loops – MDL2005

-M&H Tires – 275/50-17 Drag Radials

-Custom Tuning – Doug Studdard, BamaChips Custom Tuning

-Interior – Custom 8 pt Roll Bar – Paul Bartlett
-Custom Switch Panel – Speed of Sound
-5 pt Harness – G-Force Racing Gear, Pro Series Camlock – 471-7000BK (Black)

Installation and Maintenance – Strictly Performance, Houston Texas

And it is Liz's fault I found this joint. :pep

Welcome!
And props to Liz for steering you over here.
That is one phenomenal ride you have there! :notworthy:
That turbo system looks like it fits like a glove.
Do you drive it on the street any more?
Maybe you can make it out to a Steak n Shake meet sometime.

&quot;joesgt281&quot; said:
Welcome!
And props to Liz for steering you over here.
That is one phenomenal ride you have there! :notworthy:
That turbo system looks like it fits like a glove.
Do you drive it on the street any more?
Maybe you can make it out to a Steak n Shake meet sometime.

I drive it everyday......it is the only car I own! Usual work round trip is 120 miles each day and I manage 18-19 mpg in town. Recently went on a road trip to east Texas to pick up my son and knocked down 24 mpg on the highway. I did make the first S&S meet but couldn't make this last one due to my being at the PRI show in Orlando.

Just your average, daily driven, championship winning, 10 second, 24 mpg Mustang. One of my co-workers was ranting about how his RX-8 gets 24 mpg and I shot back with, "Nice....but will it run 10's?"

Great car! I have a question about the air filter on the driver's side. Did they have to dent it to install the turbos or did the turbo force it to collapse? You have a pretty amazing ride.

&quot;68EFIvert&quot; said:
Great car! I have a question about the air filter on the driver's side. Did they have to dent it to install the turbos or did the turbo force it to collapse? You have a pretty amazing ride.
Neither. The photographer stepped on the damn thing during the install article pictures and we didn't have a spare.

LOL! That is kind of funny. I am sure you don't see the humor though. I was expecting some kind of story like the boost was set to high.......

Not with stock connecting rods!!! I'd like to keep them intact and inside the block for a while longer. At least until I get the nice big box from Livernois Motorsports next month.

Photographer stepped on everything. Funny part was when he was looking at a shot he had just taken on his digital camera and walked face-first into the lift. THAT was funny!

Back