• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

silverblueBP's 1966 2+2

A

Anonymous

It all started back in October 1993;

We were living in Bunnell, FL (where I grew up), Deb had graduated from UF with her masters degree and landed a job with a large nursing home corp. She took the job in Kansas and headed out there for 3 months of OTJ training. While she was there, she came across the 66 for sale in Great Bend. Deb called me up in FL and was all excited, gave me all the contact info and I immediately called the owner. Told him I was interested and soon as I got moved to KS I’d come see the car (if it’s still there).

Fast forward to April 9, 1994

The house in FL is sold and I have cash in hand. I set up to see the car and we agreed to meet half way in Salina. Deb and I arrive at the meeting location first and I park nose out so I can see the car coming up. I expected to see a beat up P.O.S, but what pulled up was a clean dark blue HOT looking fastback. It pulled into the lot with a low rumble and my only response was “WOW�.
Looked the car over, talked for awhile and then took it for a drive. That was a blast and the owner (Denis) told me to hammer it and wind it out!
Got back to where Deb was and I was having a tough time containing my excitement, managed to keep it in check and told him I needed to think about it a few days. Called him back a couple days later, agreed on a price and set it up to pick the car up the next weekend.

April 16, 1994, we drove to Great Bend and picked the car up. It was a 3 hr drive that was filled with excitement and a lot of stops for gas!
Drove the car till April of 97 and then started tearing it apart. I wanted a vintage legal track car that I could also drive on the street once in awhile, so I happily headed down that road.
“Finished� the car in 2005 while we were in Bend, Oregon. Autocrossed it for the 05/06 season and then got to take it to its inaugural track day at Portland Intl Raceway in June 2006 just before we moved back to Kansas. I now spend as much time at Club DE’s and track days at Heartland Park Topeka as my schedule and wallet allows. I don’t drive as much on the street as I used to, as we moved back out to the country and hate driving the car down the miles of gravel roads.

Here’s a pic of the car after the first wash back in 1994.

1994Mustangpic.jpg

wow, it looked good. I see why you fell in love! And it still is sweet. I love the sound in your track videos!!!

Which color is original to the car? We need to see the resto and upgrade (Track specific items) pictures.

:lol :lol :lol :lol You lived in Bunnell.....

"Fast68back" said:
Which color is original to the car? We need to see the resto and upgrade (Track specific items) pictures.

:lol :lol :lol :lol You lived in Bunnell.....

Silver blue IS the factory color.

That's what the "website" link is for in my sig.

Bunnell was where it was at baby :vic Watching the stoplight change on a Friday night was da bomb!

Love at first sight. Can't get any better than that.

Good old PIR. Closest I ever got to PIR was Heron Lakes golf course. LoL. Drove passed it everyday for two years going from Vancouver to Swan Island. Cant wait to one day hit the track.

Thank you for sharing your story and for the car domain build website. Too cool.

Love live silver blue Mustangs. :vic

Dunlop Radial GT Qualifier tires... forgot all about those... I had them on my 1970 Torino in High School... thanks for the memory....

"dm289" said:
Dunlop Radial GT Qualifier tires... forgot all about those... I had them on my 1970 Torino in High School... thanks for the memory....

I still have a set Dunlop Radial GT Qualifier mounted on 68/69 chrome style steel wheels .

"B67FSTB" said:
"dm289" said:

I still have a set Dunlop Radial GT Qualifier mounted on 68/69 chrome style steel wheels .

Those tires should last 100,000 miles as hard as the rubber is! To bad I got rid of them.

Back