• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sirius mounting

AzPete

I was waiting for the A/C install to be completed to mount the Sirius radio I use. Decided to hide it inside the center console flip up door. Ran the wires and powered things up. All works good and still have room to slide the GPS unit in there so it is out of site when we are away from the car.

unload077.jpg

Yes, the car needs cleaned. After this weekend, I am waiting to grab my grandson and put him on the end of a vacuum.

Re: Sirrus mounting

Yes, it is about half way back and it is in a perfect position for driver viewing. For me it is a bit of a stretch for pushing buttons but I normally set it to where I want it when I am not moving so that works good.

"AzPete" said:
Yes, it is about half way back and it is in a perfect position for driver viewing. For me it is a bit of a stretch for pushing buttons but I normally set it to where I want it when I am not moving so that works good.

You cant fool us. We know that you leave it on 100 for Howard Stern or 101 for Bubba the Love Sponge. Rick's Sirius only works on channel 109. ( That is an inside joke for Sirius owners.)

I'm glad you took my advice and gave it some "sirius" thought on how to "siriusly" mount it.

"ko67" said:
You cant fool us. We know that you leave it on 100 for Howard Stern

There are other channels on satellite?
Didn't know Rick had his own channel?
so I guess it did happen?
:WOP

Jon

"ko67" said:
You cant fool us. We know that you leave it on 100 for Howard Stern or 101 for Bubba the Love Sponge. Rick's Sirius only works on channel 109. ( That is an inside joke for Sirius owners.)

MMMMMMMM HHHMMMMMMM! :ga

"ko67" said:
LOL!

Slick mounting spot, I've been thinking where I'm going to mount mine.

Re: Sirus mounting

What are you doing about the antenna? My biggest complaint with these things is the antenna with the pig-tail...I love the "no wire" look you get on factory-sirius cars, but have never seen an option like that in the aftermarket.

If Howard doesn't re-sign in the next 4 months, my subscription is getting tossed.

I'm thinking of putting the antenna right on the dash on the speaker grill. Usually works in my truck with no reception problems. Just drop the wire straight down, should be invisible.

I will keep my Sirius if Howard leaves. It was the reason for the subscription but I fell in love with the service as a whole. I can never listen to regular radio again.

I have the antenna stuck on the speaker grill in the dash. Not to noticeable but it is there. I do have some issues with reception but it could be the trees on the roads I use. Also, it seems the radio in this car has no hard wire plug so I use the transmit setup to the cars antenna.

I guess next time I'm near Kevin's car I'll be able to report back what channel 109 is. I dont have any fancy radio like that in my cars, or my house.

"RyanG85" said:
I will keep my Sirius if Howard leaves. It was the reason for the subscription but I fell in love with the service as a whole. I can never listen to regular radio again.

I'm the exact opposite...I had sirius for years before Howard came on board, but now they are all I listen to. Now when they're on vacation, I listen to my iPhone, podcasts and audio books. Howard said yesterday that even if he doesn't come back, he's going to do something on the internet that we will be able to get to our cars. I just hope whatever he comes up with is iPhone compatible. So if he goes away, I'll do the podcast and audio-book thing, and hope I can pick up his new show. If he stays, I'll stay.

"AzPete" said:
I do have some issues with reception but it could be the trees on the roads I use. Also, it seems the radio in this car has no hard wire plug so I use the transmit setup to the cars antenna.
Is your reception issue at the sirius, or at the head unit? If it's at the sirius, you'll hear nothing, and the screen will say "Searching for signal." If it's at the head unit, you'll hear a broken up signal that gets stepped on. If it's the broken up signal, then you should see if Sirius makes a direct Antenna adapter for your radio. My radio, and my wife's radio have a little jack port that says "FM OUT" and you buy an adapter that plugs into that, and then goes inline between the car's antenna and the head-unit. When you turn the sirius on, that device disconnects the car's antenna from the head unit, and hard-wire pipes the sirius signal directly in as FM Signal. It almost 100% eliminates FM signal interference. My wife's Sirius was basically unusable until I bought that and installed it. The FM transmitter was just not up to the task.

The unit I have is an Alpine CDA 9856. It appears that there is a direct wire hook up reading the instructions. I will have to see if any local shops have that wire.

"To receive SAT Radio, the separately sold XMDirectâ„¢ or SIRIUS
Satellite Radio Tuner and an appropriate Ai-NET Interface Adapter will
be required. For details, consult you nearest Alpine dealer."

I have watched the sirius unit today and see no searching info. The one thing is there is a 10 sec. delay, I believe, when a signal is lost and you hear it dropped. Then, if the signal has recovered, it will not show the searching screen. It is a dead/no sound situation for a short time.

Back