• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So frustrating aligning the glovebox on 66!

Okay, I consider myself somewhat mechanically inclined but for some reason I CANNOT get glovebox aligned! Looking at it I can't get the top left to close the gap all I ended up doing was removing reinstalling four times and scratching the heck out of right bottom corner.

So what am I doing wrong? Tried the six adjustment different angles but no luck.

485235d3-2a72-392d.jpg

485235d3-2a82-8497.jpg

It has a gap at the top and looks like the left need to raise 1/4 inch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The back side of the hinge may be bent down on the left side where it bolts to the dash. Best bet is to remove the screws or small bolts and pull the glove box door out and see if the hinge is bent. You can also just open the door and try and tweak the hinge that way.

I just looked at mine. Try loosening the 3 screws that you see when you open the door and pull the left side out towards you a little and then tighten again. My guess is that the back side of the hinge that bolts to the dash is bent if you have tried this adjustment already.

Is the catch that's mounted to the dash on the right way? Perhaps taking it off and rotating it 180 degrees will at least solve the gap.

Frank

A bit late but painters tape helps protect the mating surfaces...

Been a while but I thought the door had adjustable screws that slide it so it latches higher....but as I say...been a while plus no car to look at...

Back