• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So I bought another project...

Fst Blk

I alluded to my newest acquisition a few days ago on the tool/garage thread. Bought a 2000ish Nortrac 254 tractor.
5a8a5a0f8f1a287dc70de240d88d8d87.jpg

It’s a Chinese Jinma rebranded tractor sold through northern tool. Anyhow it’s a 3 cylinder diesel.

Guy I bought it off said he redid the bottom end then ran it hot when a stick unknowingly kicked the belt that drives the water pump and mechanical fan off. Said it started making all sorts of noise and he parked it last fall. He said he was sick of it and made me a deal I couldn’t pass up. We did start it up and drive it on the trailer.

If I knew how to post up a video I’d show it idling then driving it to the garage. It’s definitely down on power and smoking, so it’s gonna need some attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is driving it back to the garage. It’s down on power and eventually stalls.

Last edited:
Great, you'll be plowing in no time.

Gotta learn how to work on a mechanical pump non turbo diesel first. Fortunately, from my research it looks like they’ve been making this same basic tractor for 60 years. Parts are easily accessible too.

All the toys are great, Bill, but one NEEDS a mustang.

I always wanted a tractor like that so I could just move dirt around but by the time I finally get out of civilization and find my little piece of paradise in some backwoods part of the country I'll probably be too old and feeble like my buddy {.} to do much of anything anymore. :mad:

I will have another mustang one day. Craig and his boy has the 69 fb I sold them some years ago. That is definitely my next project. Just got to actually get a few of the ones I have done to make room for it lol.

Plus for what I gave for this tractor I’ll probably just end up taking it to my buddies to have him fix.

I think so. I had emailed them awhile back. They have pretty much everything to make it a rolling chassis except a rear axle and wheels. It's already tore down ( obviously). A good blasting and primer, shell be ready to put together, moonroof and all.

If I had a garage big enough to store it where I wouldn't have to move it every few years when I pcs, I'd get it myself.

It's funny but a lot of guys wouldn't even give that one a thought thinking it would take too much work and end up paying more for a complete rusty car. Reality is they'd end up at a point where this one sits now anyway. If you have the space, cash and where-with-all to see it through this doesn't seem like a bad place to start. Value when done is pretty good.

I got a nice bridge in New York that's for sale, and it has FstBlk's name on it...Comes cheap, but you do have to come and pick/haul it up.

I got a nice bridge in New York that's for sale, and it has FstBlk's name on it...Comes cheap, but you do have to come and pick/haul it up.

I’ve no need for the bridge... well maybe if I get my tractor project completed, I can use it to build a pond then I could use the bridge to cross it. Now if only I can find a truck project to haul my new bridge project for my new pond project that my tractor project is building. Whew lol.

Back