• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

(sold) Must sell the 66.....

AzPete

As much as I hate to do this, I must as things have changed. Asking $13,500. I have redone the elec. fan, the instruments, cleaned up some wiring, added a complete A/C heater, and the GT seats. Car needs rear window resealed and the rubber gaskets at the drip rail. It does have a header leak on the back left bank. My back gave out on getting it sealed.

You can search the posts and follow this car and I can provide tons of receipts. I will not be buying another classic due to medical "things".

e-mail pcmljm at yahoo.com

1966 Mustang Coupe, pewter metallic
Ford 289 ci, balanced
KB pistons bored .030 over. 10:1 compress ratio
Ford Mustang '69 351w heads
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
Holley Red Barrel electric fuel pump (new)
Edelbrock 1405 carburetor re-jetted and calibrated w/Electric choke & 1/2" phenolic spacer.
K&N performance air filter
Comp. Cams Extreme Energy XE262H cam (Duration 262/270, Lift .493/.500)
Harland Sharp roller rockers (with screw-in studs and guide plates)
Ford Racing Double roller timing chain
Edelbrock Hi-flow water pump
Griffin aluminum radiator
SPAL 16" straight blade electric fan (new)
Power Master 100 amp single-wire alternator
MSD 6-AL capacitive discharge unit
MSD Blaster II coil
MSD Pro-billet distributor
MSD 8 mm custom made wires
Ford AOD transmission
T-Lock, locking shifter handle for security
B&M 2400 HoleShot stall converter
B&M TransPack shift kit
B&M external transmission cooler
Flowtech Terminator, long tube, ceramic coated headers w/3" collectors into 2.25" dual/H-pipe
8" glasspack w/Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers with the car but not installed currently
Ford Mustang GT fog lights added to front grill
Mustang Projects Sequential Tail Lights
and who knows what I have missed......

unload090.jpg
unload094.jpg

unload092-1.jpg
unload091-1.jpg

Re: Must sell the 66.....

Thanks....since I stopped tinkering on it a month ago, I have not had any major down time from my back......gotta follow the docs recommendations at times.

It's got Opentracker roller upper control arms and spring perches. It's got Street or Track strut rods too.

I wish I was able to get it. That car was #3 to get a set of our first roller perches back in 03. I don't think ORP would be around without John's help and willingness to test parts for me.

Despite it being a coupe, this is a steal at this price. I've worked on it, and know it about as well as Pete...it's worthy of the price.

"Midlife" said:
...I've worked on it, and know it about as well as Pete...

This doesn't help Pete any. Nobody wants a car with a curse!

One man's curse is another man's blessing.

Seriously, this is a great car at this price.

Good luck to the next owner, I hope they enjoy it as much as the rest of us have. Man, if that car could talk :beer

"Kats66Pny" said:
I wonder if I could get enough $ if I sold a kidney on the black market. :confu

No, but you might start selling the painting you sent to Dave at Christmas..........

Darn it Pete! I would buy it but the timing is worse now than when John was selling it!

I love that car and would love to have it in my garage!

Darn it!!!!!!

Mel

I know this was John's daily driver for awhile... What kind of shape are the body and paint in?

The body is in excellent shape..original mostly, replacement front fenders by John, Ford tooling hood...the paint is typical driver...a couple of small chips here and there. My plan was a repaint in a couple of years.

Pete, the only thing that keeps me from selling the 65 to get John's car is the fact that when John saw my 65 he said he would love to start with that car and it has his old hood on it.

Mel

Sell his old hood and buy his new hood.......w/cars attached..........it is called updating......lol

Of course, once one drives this car, one would forget about what hood is where......

I don't know Pete, my 65 has a TKO 5spd and trac loc....

The only way I would do it is if I could have both! I can't so......Crap, I want that car and have no money. I thought you would at least have it a while longer so I could get through this tour season and then buy it.

Oh well.

Mel

"AzPete" said:
The body is in excellent shape..original mostly, replacement front fenders by John, Ford tooling hood...the paint is typical driver...a couple of small chips here and there. My plan was a repaint in a couple of years.

I'm not sure which side, but one of the replacement fenders is an original ford fender...it came off my fastback when I switched to the fiberglass front end. IIRC, it was the driver's side.

"AzPete" said:
As much as I hate to do this, I must as things have changed. Asking $13,500. I have redone the elec. fan, the instruments, cleaned up some wiring, added a complete A/C heater, and the GT seats. Car needs rear window resealed and the rubber gaskets at the drip rail. It does have a header leak on the back left bank. My back gave out on getting it sealed.

You can search the posts and follow this car and I can provide tons of receipts. I will not be buying another classic due to medical "things".

Bummer, Pete, especially since there are medical issues that are causing the sale. Hate to hear that. I hope someone from the family will be able to make the purchase.

Back