• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Some changes to my interior

ko67

As I mentioned in my noob intro, I bought my car with the dirty work done (engine, metal and paint). I did the interior. I have recently made some changes from stock that I thought I would share. I put in electric life windows with BMW style switches. I also added a grant signature wheel to replace the grant classic POS. I added a new radio to get rid of the rediculous ricey DVD screen that the PO had added. I also put on a real leather covered deluxe shifter handle from west coast cougar parts. I relaced the instrument bezel and cleaned/repainted the dials and needles on the stock gauges. I added a sunpro mini tach in the clock hole. I also added mustang project LED's while I had it apart. TCP pedal covers are nice for my gigantic feet. The fuzzy dice were my daughter's idea and are normal size, but look huge due to the perspective of the photo. I thought I would post a pic so that people could make any comments or ask questions about any of the modifications, as each of them taught me lessons.

Very nice. Looks like the switches are in a pod. Is it from a BMW, or did you make/buy that elsewhere?

"apollard" said:
Very nice. Looks like the switches are in a pod. Is it from a BMW, or did you make/buy that elsewhere?

Actually, that is a kit available from electic life. They call it the joker kit with BMW switches. The window kits do not come with any switches at all, and you have to buy a kit that ranges from $50 for basic switches to $200 for fancy aluminum switches. They also sell a switch that mounts in the door and uses the window crank as the switch handle so it looks stock. I did not buy it because it did not appear that it would fit in the door of a mustang in the usual spot given the placement of the motor on the regulator unit.

Ah the little things in life!(or put in the stang in this case),
How did you do the tach(where the clock used to go~right?) I still have my dash out and that may be a neat upgrade/addition to my dash instead of a clock(which doesn't work anyway). Looks great!
dne'

Looks good.

I have to ask though. Did you run out of balloons before you called out the fuzzy dice?

"Sluggo" said:
Looks good.

I have to ask though. Did you run out of balloons before you called out the fuzzy dice?

I know. THe dice were a gift from my daughter. She is 7 and she thinks they are cool. I take them off, she put them on. She is turing into a little, miniature swmbo. I will call her the mswmbo. Lst time she put them on, she tied the strings in a granny knot and I just have not untied them.

"Dne'" said:
Ah the little things in life!(or put in the stang in this case),
How did you do the tach(where the clock used to go~right?) I still have my dash out and that may be a neat upgrade/addition to my dash instead of a clock(which doesn't work anyway). Looks great!
dne'

Dne'-

I put a VDO 2-1/16" guage from their cockpit series (part # 333959) in my '68. It was a good match visually.

Here's all I did (sorry, no pics, did this before I knew the rules!)

There is a blank plastic plate closing the clock space in the dash. If you actually have a clock now, source a plate - somebody here likely has one.

I removed the screws, and then by eye, determined the center of the plate. The cross hairs were not exactly centered on mine. This isn't too critical, as there is some room for adjustment at the screw holes.

Drill a 2-1/16" hole in the plate, carefully hitting the center mark you determined. Use the slowest speed possible to drill the plastic.

Carefully remove the outer black trim ring from the guage (I used a small dremel cutoff wheel). Then remove the galss and smaller trim piece inside.

Mount the guage per it's instructions, then screw the plate back in. You're done (except for the wiring).

I'll try to get a pic of the installed tach tonight.

Back