• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sometimes it's a tough pill to swallow being right

Been having some ups and downs with the old lady this last year or so. Been together 5.5 years and have a daughter just shy of two. Just shelled out 2.2 grand to take her back to Tenn for her Grandma's funeral at the end of March. Wanted to make sure her immediate family was there to support her. Shortly after that trip things started getting odd and she didn't come home till the next morning after giving a friend a ride home who had lost his license cause of a DUI. This becomes a common theme over the next few weeks. Arguments occur and she swears they're just talking about their losses. I try and give her the benefit but I smell it like a fart in an elevator. Bullshit after bullshit continues. After weeks of her pulling this shit I stay out one night till 2:30 and get holy hell when I come home. Tell her we're over and its fucking done. Still have to live with her for the next while as she has no job. Decide to check shit on her computer and find messages from this guy pleading his love for her and understanding that the kid is part of the package with them having a relationship. Don't get me wrong I like to be right but fucking shit not like this. I've been able to just focus on being angry since things ended because I suspected this all along but it don't make it any less of a kick in the nuts.

Thanks for any advice, common sorrows and horror stories that trump mine and make me feel better. At least I'm the only name on the mortgage and most of our finances are separate. Damn shame I put about 30K worth of her debt into the mortgage with the last refi after our daughter was born, thought we were gonna be a family for a while. Live and learn I guess.

Where's the beer and cookies?

Hate to hear it Jason. Stuff like this is never good. I hope things turn around for 'ya quick. Whenever you need a lift, just pick up that daughter of yours and let her give you a big hug. Stay strong man and let us know if you need anything. Even though we're a bunch of fubar'ed stangers, this place has proven to be a great place to vent. Take care and God Bless. If I can ever get to AZ without having to go through KS the beer will be on me.

Remember this Jason....You have just as much right to the child as she does. When my ex decided she wanted to separate I initially took the typical male role and said I would move out and find a place, her and our son could stay in the house. The more I thought about it the madder I got. I eventually told her to move out as she had ALL of her family close by and she could stay with them. My now 12 year old son has lived with me since he was 3 and I wouldnt change a thing. If you give up custody now, you'll never get it unless she turns into a drug addict or something....

As far as busting her, it does suck being right.... been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Hang tough, we're here to listen if you need us.

Ditto the above. Fight for the kid now. She broke the vows, you should be raising the kid - not someone who can't be trusted.

Kansas? Shit I'd be more worried about making it through Texas. Never been so happy to leave a state in my life, twice in 10 days even. I'll hold you to the beer next time I see the right coast. Been around these forums for years and think of most of ya'll as familiar faces you saw in the halls at school. Jumped over to Stangfix from VMF once I saw where the cool kids wound up.

Thanks guys, the kid is number one on my list. And worse comes to worse I can afford lawyers and dragging it through the mud and court and she can't. I just want my girl to have what is best for her at any cost. But that also means she deserves to have her mother in her life, unless all she does is try and damage it.

and find messages from this guy pleading his love for her and understanding that the kid is part of the package with them having a relationship.

If you haven't already do so, print these out and also save them to a thumbdrive. Things are bound to get ugly and the more ammo you have the better off you'll be.

I feel your pain too bud. Been there done that.

If you have not, I would file first so YOU can state the reason(s) why.

I have custody of my son - since he was 18 months - and now he's 5-1/2.

Back