• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Son of a $*%&^

Heard from the guy I ordered my wheels from today, he said another week to 10 days.......this on top of the 10 I've already waited.......this is BS.

Sorry, needed to vent, thanks for listening.........

~bh ~bh

I got an e-mail from the guy I ordered my wheels with and he explained the delay....

"Hi Rick Budnik called and I found out what the hold up is. Specialty, the powder coat company ordered a color chip and they are concerned about how this transparent color comes out. They say transparent colors can look different on what it goes over. We though the best thing is have you call them and they can explain it to you. They are located just down the street from Budnik. Wheels have been there for a couple of weeks and they were waiting for the color chip. Let me know what you find out. Sorry I didn't handle this, but they wanted Budnik to sign off on the color, which they don't want to do because of the special color, so I thought you should talk to them to make sure you get the color you want. If you need help let me know, Curt"

Since part of the wheels will be powder coated I went to a local shop and picked out two colors and sent them the info. Great he followed up with me, but WTF does it take "several weeks" to notify me or Curt? :wtf2

but WTF does it take "several weeks" to notify me

I assume because you've paid in full for the product/wheels and he's moved on to the next sale. Customer service just ain't what it used to be.

"70_Fastback" said:
What wheels are you going with?

I was hoping to be able to post pics of mine when I got them, guess I still can. They are/will be Budnik GTX wheels with brushed lips and powder coated centers.

Similar to these:

9PYMX5FLGL9D.jpg

Brushed lips? Like these?

100_0890.jpg

And these wheels are for the "not eleanor" car?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, like these.....

9PYMX5FLGL9D.jpg

I knew I was gonna here that from you.........they do look different in person

These are the pics that got me hooked on these wheels, someone on "the other site" posted them a year or two ago

2_19_09_08_8_43_08_1.jpg

2_19_09_08_8_43_08_0.jpg

And besides, Jeff Tepper has the Eleanor wheels on his car and its far from an E.......... :show

24_07_08_08_2_37_27.jpg

2_19_09_08_8_43_08_0.jpg

Ah, those do look very nice! Some similarities to the classic "E" wheels, but definitely different. Me likey!

I knew I was gonna here that from you.........

Every chance I get, expect it!

:naughty :rof :naughty

And is that your Son's "E" car Dave? - Very nice.

Yes, that was an old in-progress photo of his car. He drove the car for a couple weeks and decided he needed to "down play" the whole "Eleanor" theme. I told him this up front, but he wouldn't listen to ole Daddy. You couldn't drive the car ANYWHERE, not even for a mile or two without it turining into a freakin' circus. He's not the extravert that I am and wanted to maintain a lower profile so back to the paint booth the car went. It's now Jet Black with a slight mix of some Gold fleck. The Gold fleck is not noticable unless the sun hits the car. He hasn't driven the car but a couple miles since the re-paint, but this will change once he returns from working overseas this December.

His car is probably the nicest Mustang I've ever seen. I still wish he'd have gone with a Shelby GT-500 Clone instead of the whole Eleanor thing.... I'm just not thrilled with the extended upper/lower nose FG pieces.... IMO, their extended length alters the appearance of the classic Mustang too much.

The only original items remaining on his car other than the shell are the back glass and some of the back seat FG pieces. Every other item is brand new.

Here's a couple pictures of his car with the Black paint.

018-1.jpg

019-2.jpg

020-1.jpg

009-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that old gas station! :notworthy: Of course I love that Mustang too!! :doh
dne'

Back