• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SPAL

I have to agree. I have 2-14" SPAL fans and they work flawlessly, were reasonably priced and they helped me decide which ones to use.
They suck like crazy and are actually very quiet.
Great product and company.

I'm very happy with my dual SPAL fans performance, but I haven't been so lucky with their Dual Fan Controller. My SPAL controller died, and even though it only has <100 hours on it, it's been too long since I purchased it and the warranty expired.

Now I'm looking for a better dual fan controller option.

What are others using for their dual fan setup?

By chance, did you contact SPAL and talk with them. They may have an upgraded model or another option for you....

Don't go at it as a warranty issue....just as a thing that happened.

Yeah, I spoke with someone at SPAL and my unit is one of the older models, but they still wouldn't hook me up with a replacement unit.

They very well may have the problems sorted out in the new unit but I'm gonna look for another vendor. In the mean time, my fans run off a high amp relay and manual toggle switches.

&quot;Grabber70Mach&quot; said:
I've been thinking about ordering mine from here, heard a lot of good about them.

http://www.dccontrol.com/fancontrol.htm

I have that exact controller awaiting install on my Taurus fan. I'll be sure to update that thread whenever I get to installing the darn thing. The SPAL controllers are pretty much crap, at least with the first couple versions.

I am usin 4 9" Spal fans with my setup. I did not have the space for deeper fans. Anyways, for controlling them I have two fans with a 180 sensor and the other two turn on at 195 (if needed). Not fancy control modules to go bad. Pretty simple setup actually. Come to think about it, it may be the only thing that is simple on my car. :confu

Back