• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Special Invite to the Detroit Grand Prix

Waffles

I just got an email from Ford (was a employee there for a couple years) Saying that I am invited to take my Mustang to be a part of a special Corrall at the Detroit Grand Prix this Saturday. This involves being able to actually park on Belle Isle where it is held, free admission, free food, and immediately after the race, I get to do one full lap around the track.

Just thought it was so cool, I have never Really had the opportunity to do something like this. Will post pics / video saturday night or sunday.

Grand Prix is probably the same day as your wedding........and you wont go, and you will secretly resent the wife for not letting you postpone the wedding one weekend.........

haha! no! grand prix is this sat. my wedding is next friday. but shes already pissed cause im getting up sat morning after our wedding night so i can go to a gun show. (but its ok cause ill give her the gun show friday night! ehh? ehh? muahahahaha)

"Waffles" said:
haha! no! grand prix is this sat. my wedding is next friday. but shes already pissed cause im getting up sat morning after our wedding night so i can go to a gun show. (but its ok cause ill give her the gun show friday night! ehh? ehh? muahahahaha)

There ya go, start the marriage off with a BANG

Well I had a great time... there were 2 Ford GTs in the race, I think racing under GT1 class. One wrecked halfway through, the other fnshed 3rd. Couple badass corvettes too, giving the maserati's and ferraris a run for their money. But the formula cars were the real deal...

And guess who forgot their camera? Yeah, I'm an IDIOT.

Best I can do is one pic from my cell phone.

0830081925qm7.jpg

Back