• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Speed Documentary on the New Boss 302

SAWFISH50

I caught the Speed Documentary on the new Boss 302 rebuilding a Legend, and all I can say is that is one BAD ASS CAR!!! Make me want to try and get my hands on one when they hit the market. I feel they will gouge the hell out of you on the price do to the almost guaranteed collectors status the car will receive. Anyone else catch this show?

I saw it but I am not really sold on the collector car status.

Just seems like collecting cars from 2011/12 will not be a big thing 40 years from now. I won't be around to see it.

I guess you could buy one now and your children/great grand children can cash in on it if they don't sell if for scrap somewhere along the way.

When they said the red line was 7500, I was impressed. The vintage shots of Laguna were very cool. I was on the track crew there for 5 years so it's my favorite track ( plus we are only 20min. away) . The show was put together well and the car looks to be a real runner. I was at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion ( Historics ) and sat in the car. Not very comfortable for a 6' 6'' person. They had the blue racer there as well and it was well prepared. I too wonder how they will last 40+ years with all the plastic pieces and all. It's a nice car but I'll stick with the vintage stuff for now.

The collectors status will only be achieved if they build a limited # of them and then discontinue it. If they build a limited # but continue to put them out every year not so much so, it will become as common as the new Shelby GT500's are.

Any more you have to live like the generations that are following us. Buy one and drive it for what it was built for. Burn through all of the money you have and then let the government take care of you. (I guess this belongs in the political section.)

The car is impressive and I would like to have one. A tuner should be able to take a current 5.0 to the same rev limits. People have made comments about the new Boss being under warranty but I am not sure that they will honor it if you tell them that it broke when you had it on the track. Your insurance guy sure won't cover it.

Please don't take this post as negative. I just need to wait to pick one of these up as a repo two years from now and then run the heck of it on the track like it was meant to be.

I can agree. To own one that got driven on the track, you would need deep pockets.

My thinking is for the same money, you could build more than one car that would out run it. The best place for them is in dry storage or on the track. Depending on how many they build, there might not be a lot of them on the track. As an investment, they may not bring the return the first Shelby cars bring, especially the R code cars. All that plastic and other stuff that would deteriorate quickly would worry me. Insurance would be a huge concern and cost no matter what you did with it.

The shift light comes on 9 times a lap around Laguna in our track car. I don't see the factory letting anyone do that under warranty. I bet there's some little " high rev counter " in the thing.

I would like to flog one around the track. Street driving wouldn't be much fun IMO. The seating didn't have that " road trip " feel to it.

Back