• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Star Wars IX

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
Just got home from a Friday viewing. Got advance tickets after Thanksgiving. Good cameos, they answered questions and they brought it to a close. But how did they do that, and where did they all come from. Typical plot holes in movies that have gone on too long. I was entertained, and will watch it again on cable. But we must also realize that it is just a movie. No Hayden Christensen acting, but no one is getting an academy award for acting either. I am sure that it will make disney a bunch of money.

fd

So why not 10? Just curious. I was a big fan as a child, but didn’t follow all the later chapters. Why stop at 9 episodes? Is that part of the story? Is 9 a significant number within the series somehow?

So why not 10? Just curious. I was a big fan as a child, but didn’t follow all the later chapters. Why stop at 9 episodes? Is that part of the story? Is 9 a significant number within the series somehow?
If you watch just the cinema movies in order there are ten plus this new one.

We watched them all last weekend in preparation for seeing this one on the 25th as a family. Three generations of fans.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

As an absolute die hard Star Wars fan, I don't dislike RoS, but I don't like it either.

Abrams threw in every reference, cameo, and kitchen sink he could cram into two and a half hours of screen time. The result is a bit of a jumbled mess that didn't stop to focus on anything important. It was entertaining enough visually, and had some semi nifty fan service items that only super SW nerds like me might appreciated, but it just wasn't a well put together movie.

It stopped at 9 because it's the end of the current trilogy. It was planned as the end of the entire Skywalker story arc, so we won't get any more on those lines.

However, we still have high budget TV series like The Mandalorian (which is excellent) and the upcoming Obi Wan series, which will last us a few years until the next star wars movies make it through development.

Last edited:
Went to the drive in to see this movie. Thought it was ok, but I can't see it being the last given the way it ended.

Drive In.jpg

Damn young-uns.

The 9 episodes were originally thought up in George Lucas's brain. He made them in the order he wanted the story told (and the tech that was available at the time). He grew weary of telling the story after finishing the prequels and sold out to Disney. I think they took some of his original ideas and twisted them into Disney stories and Viola', you get the latest 3 movies.

Saw RoS while in Florida this past week. Thought it was head and shoulders better than any prequel POS. I might go see it again this week before it goes off the big screen.

"Cats" is probably the only recent movie that could possibly dethrone Phantom Menace as THE worst movie ever made :rolleyes:

No, I would never consider seeing "Cats". I also don't need to be told NOT to stare directly at the Sun.

Back