• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Started doing the sound deadening project

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I finally got off my duff and starting installing Second Skin's Damplfier Pro on the interior panels. Unlike the typical silver finish you see, Second Skin switched over to flat black, which I like a lot, though when done, we wont see it if the car get properly carpeted. Decided to start from the back and move foward. Have not decided how much of the trunk I'll do. I have already brushed on Second Skin's Spectrum sound and noise coating on the wheel side of the rear wheel well so I will not apply the Damplifier on the cabin side of the wheel well. I have used the Spectrum in other hard to reach area such as inside of rear quarter as shown below.

Damplifier Pro partially applied:
4_01_06_10_6_53_00.JPG

Spectrum coating applied:
4_01_06_10_7_08_50.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Per the instructions, it would probably help the bonding but not required. More importantly is a clean surface. As I did in the rear wheel wells, I rolled it on with a small sponge roller and then smoothed it out with a brush. I also did this to the inside of the door's exterior skin.

Here's a link to their site. They have a forum as well.

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

"cmayna" said:
Unlike the typical silver finish you see, Second Skin switched over to flat black

Isn't there some utility to the silver finish ones? Ie, the shiny surface helps to reflect heat? Although, admittedly, I wondered how much it could actually reflect since it is on the top of the sound deadener.

Back