• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

strut rod bracket ?

napaguy

I looked at a 67 mustang yesterday and the strut rod is bent and the bracket is mangled...what are the chances that the front frame is still straight? I looked and felt around and see no evidence that the rail is wrinkled or damaged

Hi~ mine was banged up pretty good too. Looks like it was subjected to hitting curbs when parking and my strut rods were bent as well. In my case, it was "while I was there", go ahead and replace them. I may could have fixed the drivers side with a torch, but I went ahead a replaced them both and the radiator support/crossmember.

1_IMG_5898_comp_zps50f90e73.jpg

1_IMG_5894_comp_zps0a59bf5e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This things mangled well beyond what dne has pictured...there is no way a jack could have done this...Its a car im looking at and its about 60 miles away or I would take a picture. I amy just buy it and hope for the best.

If there isn't any obvious frame damage, take a close look at all the body panel gaps. If nothing has been taken apart, it might give you a clue as to whether the frame / engine compartment was tweaked during the impact.

Back