• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Stupid question about fenders....

Kats66Pny

I know 65/66 parts can work together in most cases, but is it possible to replace 66 fenders with say 67 fenders? :shrug

Eventually down the road I want to put an e-kit on Gert and I just think it looks WAY better with a longer front end. For example.. Tarafied's sweet ride looks so much better in the front (IMO) than say this 66 coupe with an e-kit. Of course the lines on the doors/fenders wouldn't match up, and then that would require changing door skins I assume.

You are braking new territory :)

The fenders may physically bolt in but they won't bolt on to the headlight buckets and likely won't be symetrical to the hood and doors.

It would likely look like a ugly thing

I know they won't match the stock 66 headlight buckets or doors and it won't be a simple swap.
I was thinking though that since I want to go with an e-kit on my 66 that I might be to play mix-n-match with a few pieces.

- '67 upper & lower nose sections
- '67 long nose hood
- '66 side scoops
- [size=1em]'66 or '67 side exhaust skirts[/size] depending which would fit best
- '66 spoiler trunk

and new door skins... if 67 door skins would even fit on 66 door ? :shrug

This is obviously me bored surfing mustang pictures and online catalogues and 'thinking' of ways to customize my pony to my liking. :part

LOL I wish I could afford it. For now I'm just going to work with what I have. Even if I can't get the longer looking nose on my 66 no big deal. I'll just do the normal 66 e-kit. :thu

Back