• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Suing the hostages....??

AzPete

More stupidity...

Posted: 12:25 PM
Last Updated: 25 minutes ago
By: Associated Press
TOPEKA, Kansas - Can there be no trust between a kidnapper and his hostages?
A man who held a Kansas couple hostage in their home while fleeing from authorities is suing them, claiming they broke an oral contract made when he promised them money in exchange for hiding him from police.
Jesse Dimmick of Colorado is serving an 11-year sentence after bursting into Jared and Lindsay Rowley's Topeka-area home in 2009. The couple escaped unharmed after Dimmick fell asleep.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reported that Dimmick filed a breach of contract suit in Shawnee County District Court, contending that he and the Rowleys reached a legally binding oral contract that they would hide him in exchange for an unspecified amount of money. The couple has asked a judge to dismiss the suit.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/ ... z1f7roiqPu

This is what happens when you give convicts access to law books. Plenty of free time to come up with such crap. If you really want to get sick, spend some time searching the web and you'll find lots of instances where they win their cases (it's usually cheaper to settle than fight types of deals).

"apollard" said:
Glad I live in a state with castle doctrine. :guns

:stu

Last I checked when duress is involved you cannot have a biding contract...but sadly the couple will probably spend a lot in legal bills to prove it. Any judge worth their salt would throw this out without a hearing but in today's f-ed up courts it will probably drag on for a long time.

They should have woken him up by poking him with the business end a shot gun, made him stand (so the forensics wouldn't make it obvious he was laying down asleep) and then wasted his ass. They would have done society a favor and saved the legal bills in the process.

"RustyRed" said:

Last I checked when duress is involved you cannot have a biding contract...but sadly the couple will probably spend a lot in legal bills to prove it. Any judge worth their salt would throw this out without a hearing but in today's f-ed up courts it will probably drag on for a long time.

They should have woken him up by poking him with the business end a shot gun, made him stand (so the forensics wouldn't make it obvious he was laying down asleep) and then wasted his ass. They would have done society a favor and saved the legal bills in the process.

:thu

"RustyRed" said:

:stu :sm_NTA

"RustyRed" said:

Last I checked when duress is involved you cannot have a biding contract

He probably left out the part where he threatened to kill them if they didn't agree to his "oral contract".

Frank

"RustyRed" said:

They should have woken him up by poking him with the business end a shot gun, made him stand (so the forensics wouldn't make it obvious he was laying down asleep) and then wasted his ass.

I actually laughed.

Back