• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Summit Racing

Johnny M

I've bought a lot of parts from Summit over the last 18 months and I cannot fault them. Fast, efficient and always helpful.

I have purchased numerous parts from Summit,(waiting on a set of plug wires right now) Always ship quick and send E-mail to confirm. No complaints.

I'm a Summit Racing shopper also. A couple of observations.... don't forget to order anything as there is an $11 S&H charge on each order. If you ask nicely/beg, they'll sometimes waive the charge if you've just made a large order and have forgotten one of the key ingredients.

[Deleted due to comparison of Summit Racing to another store, contrary to the rules of this Board...sorry, Dave. Please start another thread for that store, and avoid using a comparison to Summit Racing. To everyone else: the comment was not derogatory towards Summit. Midlife]

I always get parts from Summit when I can. Inexpensive and fast. That said, I won't call them for application or technical support. Me and a friend went through that a couple times while dropping a ZZ4 motor in his Chevelle and it didn't work out so well. I always look for application and technical support from the manufacturer, then buy from Summit.

[Text deleted by Midlife due to a comparison remark]... I have to pay sales tax since Summit is local. Other than that, Summit is pretty awesome, and their walk in store is amazing.

I wish they would open a few more stores, one in Dallas would be nice. I've ordered quite a bit from them as well and never had any issues. I like that the website shows when an item will ship/be available.

+1 on Summit being awesome. I have dropped quite a few "Mustang Units" ($100) there in my day. I just ordered a new fuel pump and I got them to price match a competitors lower price. Yes they charge $11 for shipping, but being in the Bay Area shipping is always overnight, which is great. I make a point to order though them whenever possible, and now that I have discovered how painless it is to get them to price match (you tell them the part number and the competitor, the sales rep will look at it right there on his computer and beat the price) I will never shop elsewhere if Summit carries the product (i.e. anything not vintage mustang specific)

I've ordered tons of parts from Summit and haven't had a bad thing to say about them yet. Their customer service is great and I always get my shipment in a timely fashion.

I have not used the new website yet, but from the few times I have looked at it, I liked the old site better. I really like that it tells you when an item will ship or be available.

Back