• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sunday's work.....

AzPete

Well, I went over to Midlife's on Sunday to do a bit of tinkering. Started a front end alignment but found a couple of problem areas needing work so we put that on hold. Decided to re-align the grill, bumper, and valance along with installing the bumper brackets. No more bumper vibrating to the thump of the cam...... Just lovin' the PO by this time. He only had the main supports for the front bumper on the car. All in all, it went pretty good and the car is not perfect but it looks a lot better.
Freshbodyalignment.jpg

Now, one thing I do is bring the beverages designed for our age group (that is physical age) so we can relax after the work is done and compliment ourselves on a good job. I try to sample a different, off brand beer each time. I will bring 2 bottles of one we know we like and 4 of a new one. I find that combination works well if we don't care for the new, we have the known good ones to enjoy. The Tecate that Mid told me about from before has been good. Lately we tried Cable Car and it was pretty smooth and went down good. This time, I found an Australian brew Called Black Wattle Superior Wattle Seed Ale. Another fellow told me it was pretty good. Well, I think we both agreed that it was a good choice. Ahhhhh, a smooth end to a good day.

And Randy, thanks for the use of your small garage such as it is and the assistance on the old car. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. But you leave out very important details!

The right side bumper support didn't fit, because the PO put in a custom battery box that wouldn't allow the support to rise up to meet the bumper. So...we cut out a significant corner, allowing the battery to drain properly.

Then we found that one of the bolts on that side that go into the frame rail didn't have any nut on the inside. We managed to put a nut on there through a convenient hole. Then, on the left side, the two main bolts that secure the bumper supports to the frame rail were of different sizes, and one receiving nut simply didn't match any English measures...we think it is now a metric bolt.

Then we found one headlight bucket waaay off from fitting the fender, and eagle-eyed Peter found a fairly large shim at the foreward most fender. We remove it (it was at least 1/4" thick!), and suddenly, the bucket fit "mo better".

Now I've run across PO's before, but this one was a real hack. However, it's worth saluting this hack with Black Wattle Seed ale.

The worst is the look I get from SWMBO when I returned to the house. "Pete was here, huh? Did you repair things or make it worse? Why the hell doesn't he get a muffler?" "Compared to his car, Midlife is pretty quiet, eh?" "Yup."

When I first got Midlife, she took one ride in it, saying "It's too loud, there's no shoulder belt, and its uncomfortable". Compared to Pete's ride, mine looks better and better to her!

Back