• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FORSALE Superior Monte Carlo bar

zray

who said Beer ?
Our latest project, a step,forward in Monte Carlo bar design, will clear problems like oval air cleaners, distributors, or in my case, Weber carburetors, without resorting to a curved design. The curved types of Monte Carlo bars are essentially a spring, not much help in chassis stiffening.

The triangulated design enables a majority of the load to be taken up right at the shock tower, substandtially more effective than the more cheaply made traditional Monte Carlo bars.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/zrayr/1000%20Monte%20Carlo%20Bar/DSC_0440_zp
sf6c164ea.jpg

Ebay pricing : $149. Forum members will get a discount when purchased direct.

email for details: zray289@gmail.com

Z

Last edited:
Very nice. Any idea if this will clear a 351W with a large cap distributor in a '65? Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The prototype Monte Carlo bar that is pictured was made to clear my Weber carbs without having to have a curved MC bar. I could have moved it forward more if I'd needed to. The same basic design will clear the distributor. What I would need would be a couple of photos of your engine bay, then I could tell you where to take a couple of measurements for me. Me very bar we make will a custom, made to clear a specific problem. You can email me at the address I the post above if you have more questions .

Z.

9de12b7636d0010af62098e26eaf7f9e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, especially the radiator.

OK, I see you haven't drilled a hole for the forward top facing bolt the the existing Monte Carlo bar. To fit the one I'm selling you will definitely have to drill that hole and since we are going further forward with the bracket than on my prototype example, you will probably also need to drill anothe hole for a forward bolt . Is that going to be a problem for you ? You can get some Monte Carlo bolts that will match the existing fender bolts pretty well

To get a good measurement, you need to remove the existing Monte Carlo bar. Take a long strip of blue masking tape and go from one side to the other side on the engine bay with it JUST in front of the distributor , clearing it by a 1/4" .
Now drop a bolt into the existing top facing Monte Carlo bar bolt hole. Measure from the center of that bolt to the rear edge of the tape.
That's it for now.

Z

Great, thanks Z. I'll get the measurements, but it'll be a few days before I can touch the car. No, drilling holes aren't a problem, I just hadn't done it yet.

Back