• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Supporting local eateries

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So being cooped up and needing some out of the house time we have been getting take-out from local eateries. These family places need our support.

We ordered from one of our local restaurants Friday night.

They were so busy it took them 2 hours to deliver to us. We didn't get our food until 9pm.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Last week I ordered from a nice Italian place in town. Went down there at the appointed time and they had a table blocking the door...with wine in glasses on it. People were all standing around on the sidewalks and in the street waiting on their order. It took way longer than the pick-up time but talking and drinking in the street made it okay. And the food was/is great.

Our favorite local pizzeria is selling their 12" pepperoni pizza in a take home kit and we picked one up Friday. You roll out the ball of dough, add the cheese and pepperoni and bake it. I had to add some ingredients to my side of the pie. And it was tasty!!

John

rotolos 1.jpgrotolos 2.jpgrotolos 3.jpg

Of course all your added stuff resulted in the others half being over baked. Way to assert your dominance in the home!

Last week I ordered from a nice Italian place in town. Went down there at the appointed time and they had a table blocking the door...with wine in glasses on it. People were all standing around on the sidewalks and in the street waiting on their order. It took way longer than the pick-up time but talking and drinking in the street made it okay. And the food was/is great.
So you joined a large crowd outside the restaurant during a time of encouraged social distancing? I don't think you left coasters are up to speed on this one. :p

Well we were all 10 feet apart and it seems considering Cals population and doing the right thing and staying home seems to be saving a lot of lives out here. Its the ignorant governors who will help this virus kill people.

I get take out from our favorites once a week. Most of them take your order over the phone and you pay over the phone, then drive up and they hand you your bag.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

our small town didn't have a lot of eateries to begin with. Restaurants have come and gone in the 16 years we have lived here. With that said, not many of them lasted more that a week after the order to close dining rooms due to lack of support. The few that have survived have been ones that have been around a long time. We support the remaining mom and pop restaurants. I have a feeling that several here will probably never reopen. We have a few of the chain fast food joints and they are doing fine. Sadly though the Pandemic has struck very deep here in this little town.

I've got a few favorites that I've been getting takeout from. Not as good as going into the sit-down, but then again it is better than them not existing at all in the future!

That said, someone remarked to me that it really just does not feel like there are rules anymore. I mean, ANYTHING is fair game! Some examples: there's a place in town where you can get a gallon of margarita for 5 bucks, and delivered to your house it's 10 :D A local concert venue has been offering Sunday packages consisting of a 6-pack (of whatever you want out of the selection they've got), a couple coozies, a sticker, and a custom printed ticket for "COVIDFEST 2020" featuring their "artists" of the week (such as "When Will This Zoom Call End", "Lonely Nights", and "Raging At Home") for 10 bucks. I thought that one was really clever! Other places will sell you their food, but also whatever ingredients they have laying around that you might need (I can go to a local Italian place and order my chicken marsala but also a can of tomatoes from their pantry???). It is wild out there!

Obviously this is the worst of times for many of these establishments, but you kind of have to giggle at some of the things people are coming up with. You can really feel the "You know what? I don't care anymore, whatever, if we survive we survive, fuck it" sentiment behind it. Truly the weirdest of times.

I've got a few favorites that I've been getting takeout from. Not as good as going into the sit-down, but then again it is better than them not existing at all in the future!

That said, someone remarked to me that it really just does not feel like there are rules anymore. I mean, ANYTHING is fair game! Some examples: there's a place in town where you can get a gallon of margarita for 5 bucks, and delivered to your house it's 10 :D A local concert venue has been offering Sunday packages consisting of a 6-pack (of whatever you want out of the selection they've got), a couple coozies, a sticker, and a custom printed ticket for "COVIDFEST 2020" featuring their "artists" of the week (such as "When Will This Zoom Call End", "Lonely Nights", and "Raging At Home") for 10 bucks. I thought that one was really clever! Other places will sell you their food, but also whatever ingredients they have laying around that you might need (I can go to a local Italian place and order my chicken marsala but also a can of tomatoes from their pantry???). It is wild out there!

Obviously this is the worst of times for many of these establishments, but you kind of have to giggle at some of the things people are coming up with. You can really feel the "You know what? I don't care anymore, whatever, if we survive we survive, fuck it" sentiment behind it. Truly the weirdest of times.

we don't have too many close to my house so I try and extend my reach, but I'm seeing more and more close completely

Before bottling one would take their bucket to the pub and fill it up in order to have beer at home. This became the growler when it was revived. And NO I don't know of it first hand. I don't even drink beer.

Back