• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

T5 Swap

Fordman302

I just finished my T5 swap and my headers are in the way so I can't run the clutch cable. Does anyone know what headers work for the 302 with T5 using the modern driveline clutch cable?

Can you take a picture? Maybe you route it around the header?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

FPA makes headers compatible with DazeCars' cable setup. Would be worth asking them.

I'll be looking at FPA headers when I'm done with my T5 swap, although I'm going with Daze's hydraulic setup rather than a cable.

I think I have hookers and I did cut 2 tubes of the header and reroute them.Don't ask me how I did cause its quite awhile ago.

I'd first ask MDL, if you haven't already.

I met a kid last summer at a show that had already burned a couple cables in the same swap set-up. He tried everything to insulate and protect the cable but to no avail. Just no room. Eventually went to a hydraulic throw-out bearing which is what I used from the beginning. Costs more but is clean and very functional. Not the answer you were looking for, I know, but thought to share since it was applicable.

Thanks everyone! I will try calling FPA and MDL and see what they say. Depending on the answer I might look into a hydraulic set up instead.

I am using the modern drive line clutch cable with the fpa 4 tube full length headers. I have been driving it for 11 years with no issues of burning the cable. Just install a small length of insulator sleeve near the header as a precaution.

I am using the modern drive line clutch cable with the fpa 4 tube full length headers. I have been driving it for 11 years with no issues of burning the cable. Just install a small length of insulator sleeve near the header as a precaution.

Are these the ones you got from FPA?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200202-093058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200202-093058_Chrome.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 12
Those look like the same ones. Contact them and tell them your setup. Those headers give you great ground clearance also. They are not cheap but they do the job.

Those look like the same ones. Contact them and tell them your setup. Those headers give you great ground clearance also. They are not cheap but they do the job.

That's good to know. I would rather have a nice set of headers that fit good then go the cheap route and have to dent some to make them fit.

If you don't mind shoot me a PM or post up here what they quote you on the FPA headers. Pretty sure I will go that route myself before the Power Tour. Getting tired of watching for pebbles on the road for fear of scrapping bottom with the low hangers I have on now.

If you don't mind shoot me a PM or post up here what they quote you on the FPA headers. Pretty sure I will go that route myself before the Power Tour. Getting tired of watching for pebbles on the road for fear of scrapping bottom with the low hangers I have on now.

Ya no problem. I will be calling them later today to get a quote.

I paid around 800.00 11 years ago. I have no regrets. Got the ceramic coated

Thanks, Paul. I called him a few years ago and remember him telling me about the same. Problem then was he couldn't get me a set for over two months and I was tried of waiting to drive my car! I got a nice set of Hedmans best which fit really well and are very nicely made they just hang WAY TOO low for my car since I have it lowered as much as I do. Think its time to bite that bullet...

I ran a cable clutch on mine with no issues on burning cables. As mentioned, just throw some insulation down where it goes past the header. I'm pretty sure I had JBA headers on that car.

I have Doug Thorley headers on mine. I made a little bracket to move it 2 inches over so it wouldn't be close to the header.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I called FPA today and he said for my car which is a 67 mustang with a 302 and T5 it would $750 non ceramic and $1000 with ceramic. But they make every header by hand. That's why it takes a couple weeks and are more pricey. He said they are made for max ground clearance and will work with any power steering or manual and even some rack and pinion set ups. But you will need to use a smaller starter like a fox body starter.

Back