• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TARAfied 64 Falcon

tarafied1

Well it's mine. I kept debating whether I should get it but my wife went ahead and got it for me as a father's day present.
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 294
Checked the VIN code
4 Year 1964

H Assembly Lorain, OH

17 Body Falcon Futura 2-Door Hardtop

F Engine 8 Cyl. 260 CID

Congratulations ! It looks like a nice solid body to work with.

They make cool drivers. I've had mine for about 20yrs now and it's still fun to drive. Mines a 289 4-speed with a posi and a line lock to do big burnouts. A bunch of our roller stuff with front and rear sway bars. You can make them handle better than a lot of newer cars. If you need help with finding parts or info, I've got a lot of both.

themule.jpg

Thanks I will be bugging you!
I was thinking it would become the drag car since it doesn't need as much body work but my wife wants it to be a driver. I have a 5.0 and it was a 4 speed. Still has the pedals but no Z bar. Bill has a T5 I may try to make a deal for it. I have most everything but the bumpers and brackets and maybe some of the passenger side trim. I have the front seat tracks but no seats. The rear axle is a 6 cyl 4 bolt rear so that has to go. It has the V8 front spindles and 5 lug wheels on the front. I als have the unique V8 motor mounts. My dad gave me his long tube headers from his 66 Mustang, hope they fit. It has some holes in the floor but not big ones. Fenders and quarters are solid. Lower front corners of the doors are soft. All the glass is good except the windshield is cracked.

The Mustang headers won't fit. They take a special header and the only ones on the market are from Hooker 6102. Hope your sitting down before you look at the link. I have found them used on ebay for much less.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-6102HKR/

This place will have most anything you need but they are not cheap. Ebay is your best bet for finding stuff but this place has the part numbers and correct photos of the parts.

http://www.falconparts.com/

Putting a manual center link from a 65 Falcon in the car will save a lot on the steering cost. With the 65 CL you can use Mustang tie rod ends and idler arm.

I have Mustang seats in mine. They don't bolt right in but you can make it work. The floors are different.

That's gonna make an awesome drag car. You can focus on the mechanical more than the body. Keep us updated.

Bill

Geez, all I got for fathers day was a dvd! Wth! I'll be showing this thread to the wife tonight.

Very cool Craig. Can't wait watch the build.

"RapidRabbit" said:
Geez, all I got for fathers day was a dvd! Wth! I'll be showing this thread to the wife tonight.

Not sure my wife remembered :nut

Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
That's gonna make an awesome drag car. You can focus on the mechanical more than the body. Keep us updated.

Bill
yes I can get it running a lot quicker than the Mustang that need to be back halved.
"RapidRabbit" said:

My wife is a gear head too I think!

I'm sure we can make a deal on that t5. I may have enough parts out of the three after I build the z-spec to make a complete tranny :confu

Bill

Thanks Bill!

I found a a late 70's Granada that's been sitting in a yard for a long time (actually it's the Merc version), anyway, anybody know if the disc brakes and rear will fit the Falcon?

I'd look into scarebird for the disc brakes on the front. That's my plan anyhow. Not sure how I'm gonna like the single piston caliper from an s10 and ranger rotors on my car, but it's a cheap option. I'd look into a 8.8 explorer rear end. You could probably find one with limited slip and 4.11 gears for pretty cheap, plus 31 spline axles for dragging it and disc brakes. Not sure on the width compared to the falcons though, but I would think they are the same as the 65-6 stang. You could run it as is or narrow one side (there's a write-up here).

Bill

I put the grille on and a couple old mags I had on the front. Already looks better...
index.php

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 205
thanks, I'm going to focus on getting the engine and drive train done and leave the "patina" for a while anyway

Back