• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

tarafied1's 65 Coupe

when it stops raining I will unload the truck a take a few more pics. He has a few more parts for me that he has already moved to Knoxville Tennessee so I will have to make a road trip to go get them. I also still need to pick up the 65 coupe

when it stops raining I will unload the truck a take a few more pics. He has a few more parts for me that he has already moved to Knoxville Tennessee so I will have to make a road trip to go get them. I also still need to pick up the 65 coupe

You better stop and get me on the way lol.

Bill

it does have some rust. I found a hole in the right front floorpan, and bottom front corner of drivers door is bubbling. Does look like it was repainted sometime in the past but I can't see that it was ever wrecked or had any rust repair. Looks fairly untouched. Still has 13" 4 lug wheels!

So, what's the plan with it? I'm thinking that could be a quick project to get running. Drop a 5.0/auto combo and swap to 5 lug with a shortened explorer rear end.... again hmmm.

Bill

well... the ultimate goal is to get a car for each son running. Lucas will get the 69 that I bought from you. CJ wants one of the 65 coupes. Hasn't decided for sure but he is leaning toward the blue one cuz he wants me to put a 390 in it! I am thinking the FB will become my power tour car with my 5.0 and T5 with AC. Shelby clone. So one of the coupes, probably the white one will have to get flipped. Right now I am in no hurry. The wife is not upset that I have turned our backyard into a junkyard! I was going to buy a TKO for the 67 but instead will use that money to pay for the two new 65's. So next year will be another year in the 67 but hopefully I can make three running cars by 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour!!! Even if they are all in primer. My wife like the 65/66 FB the best. I have a factory under dash AC and all the original parts for it. I have the T5, needs rebuilt, I have the 5.0. The FB has a new disc brake kit on the rear and Granada set-up up front. It came with a Rod & Custom MII front-end I will use on the 69 so Lucas can put the 4.6 in that. I know where I can get a 390 for the blue one, will need a trans though. The blue one has all 68 front end including disc brakes. If I use the MII on the 69, then I won't need the original stuff off the 69.
Might need to have a big auction on stuff I don't need so I can get stuff I do need!
If the blue 65 becomes CJ's and the FB becomes the power tour car, the 67 might become the drag car! Or I keep the white 65 and it becomes the drag car! or I sell them all and by a Camaro...

That's quite the plan. I think you made a good buy on all the 65's, considering all the parts. You should have enough parts to build a few :) I'd like to pick up the white one, but I just can't commit right now... wife would shoot me and come looking for you lol.

Bill

maybe I will make the FB into a John Deere pick-up Ranchero thing...
10639603_358973877609207_6278337255328018596_n.jpg

Back