• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Taylor Universal Thundervolt 50 Wires and Loom

A

Anonymous

Well I ordered the Thundervolt 50 by Taylor and I cannot wait to get them. I also ordered the vertical loom kit all in blue. Now the question. How difficult is it to run them and make them look professional like the ones I see on several of your photos. I will be running them around the valve covers and is it a pain to make them look right. Anything special about crimping them that I should know? Any input other then drop dead will be appreciated and especially photos. No photos telling me to drop dead either thank you.

Well if you change the cam, which in turn would change the firing order the plug wire caps on the dist cap and make it easier to route them........ Just do one at a time. the verticle looms are pretty easy to use. The only issue I had was I used the cork valve cover gaskets which are thicker and I had an issue with a couple of the screws for the looms not being long enough.

Now see, that is what I am talking about. I never even thought I needed a new valve cover gasket. I was going to do it with the existing gaskets. Thanks

You dont neccesarily need a new valve cover gasket, in my application, I have Ford Racing VC's, which have a fairly thick flange and then the thick cork gasket, the two together are pretty damn thick and there were not enough threads on the loom bolt to grab. Try it first.

I put my new MSD wires on yesterday. Snapped a couple pics with my phone, so they aren't the best. I have a few more on the digital cam, I'll swap them tonight.

That looks so sweet. One day I will have one that pretty. :)

"Fast68back" said:
You dont neccesarily need a new valve cover gasket, in my application, I have Ford Racing VC's, which have a fairly thick flange and then the thick cork gasket, the two together are pretty damn thick and there were not enough threads on the loom bolt to grab. Try it first.

I put my new MSD wires on yesterday. Snapped a couple pics with my phone, so they aren't the best. I have a few more on the digital cam, I'll swap them tonight.

That looks great, Fast68back!

Are you planning to paint your dist cap and coil black, too?

I think I will see if MSD has a black cap for the pro billet dist. I think I will leave the coil red though. It looks pretty good with the red lettering on the valve covers.

Its actually kinda cool with the cap red, red cap, red coil and red MSD box. Color coded, kinda like sluggos garanimal wardrobe.

Well they are here and if I have time this week they will go on. Cannot wait.

You will and I am thinking of buying some new valve covers after I install the new AC I ordered yesterday. That will merit pictures also.

Back