• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Thank you JeffTepper

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
The other day Shag and I were visiting Jeff to check out the tilt column in his car when somehow we got into the discussion of turn signals and I mentioned that one of the many things I still need to address on the car is to get the hood turn signals working. Jeff looks at me and spits out a big "pfssst" telling me that it's probably just that the lack of ground contact between the lamp housings and the hood. With a jumper, he proved his assumption as being correct.

Yesterday, I finally took the time and removed both lamps, removed some paint to make contact and DAMN! I got hood turn signals.
I probably would have let this go for my dash lamps worked just fine. Maybe I'll go visit Jeff more often.

Thanks Jeff!!!

Good job craig. Im curious, did you notice any difference in the speed of the blinker after the hood signals began to work again?

Now maybe you will se it is on and shut the thing off going down the highway......dang grounds anyway.

Very cool Craig.

And I have to admit I'm also glad I'm not the only one still chasing down a gremlin here or there.

"lethal289" said:
Good job craig. Im curious, did you notice any difference in the speed of the blinker after the hood signals began to work again?

Mine blink at the same rate with or without the hood scoop signals hooked up.

Thanks, i have no need for the hood lamps, since i now have a cowl and just left the plug hanging. My turn signals blink really slow. i figured that was the problem since Ive changed the signal flashers. hmmm. any ideas? i got some looking to do.

Craig, now that you've got those hood signals working, how about LEDs?

Mustang Project LED hood turn signals are the perfect bling for Shag, subtle yet, bright and shiny for that new car of yours. No, I am not related to Mustang Project, just a happy customer. Check it out at:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/608622-led-turn-signal-install-mustang-project.html

Lite_on_P1024640.JPG

Arthur, both of your lamps are on at the same time? or did you change the turn signal so fast that it just looks that way?

Trick photography?
:skul

Shag already has Mustang Project's sequential taillights. Need I have to support that company even more?

"cmayna" said:
Arthur, both of your lamps are on at the same time? or did you change the turn signal so fast that it just looks that way?

Trick photography?
:skul

Emergency flashers......

Back