• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

That would have left a mark

SkidMark

Son has 2 weeks til he graduates college. He took my truck back to school this week to bring a few things home. His car needed front brakes, so I decided to replace them. One of the caliper pins was stuck, stuck the bracket in my vice and proceeded to try to beat it out of there. No go. Grabbed my torch (not really thinking) and heated it a bit to see if that would help, heated for maybe 20 seconds or so and KA-POW!! That pin shot out like a bullet and ricocheted around the garage, luckily not hitting anything important. I had just turned the bracket around and had it pointing at the floor....took a small chunk out of the concrete. Hate to think what would have happened had it been pointing at me. I was telling a buddy about it a couple days later, my wife says "Is that what that was? I thought the neighbor was shooting at a woodchuck" She said she heard the pop and heard me yell. My buddy says "Did you think to go check on him?"

Whew....glad it wasn't pointed at you or anything that could have hurt you. As I was reading your post I thought...hey won't the brake fluid.......

This...is how we learn.....or at least I do.

The concern of the wife on the other hand.o_O;)

I am glad that you are still alive for a selfish reason. We cannot afford to lose any fantasy football players. ;)

fd

Whew....glad it wasn't pointed at you or anything that could have hurt you. As I was reading your post I thought...hey won't the brake fluid.......

This...is how we learn.....or at least I do.

The concern of the wife on the other hand.o_O;)
No brake fluid in the caliper bracket, just grease from the pin. Oh, and the pin was bent, not sure if that was from hitting the floor, or it was already bent and that's what was keeping it from coming out, or both. Replaced all four pins while I was there.

My wife says she looked out (shop is 200 ft from the house) and saw me standing there, so she figured I was ok.

It would have left a Mark as in Msells? OMG! Just think: you could have fresh-baked cookies every day!

We BEARS fans have little interest in this years draft as we spent our draft monies already on Mack. First year in many I haven't really paid attention. So watch Pace pull off some unexpected deal!

Back