• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The 1986 Saleen

BobV

This won't really be much of a build thread... But I'm going to document condition, and my efforts to clean & maintain this car. It does need a few things - correct battery, exhaust re-aligned, a serious paint polish, and an under-hood detailing.

Any, here's MY official first pictures, after a quick wash...

file-1.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-7.jpg

The next 2 pics show some of the haziness and flatness of the paint. I'm expecting that a good clay, compound, polish, and wax job will take care of 98% of the issues. I'll need to do a little wet-sanding on some of the touch-up spots a previous owner slopped paint on.
file-6.jpg

file-2.jpg

Engine compartment. Pretty much untouched there...
file-10.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-12.jpg

Interior is a strength on this one. WOW! Note factory Momo steering wheel, Saleen shiftknob, and factory Kenwood stereo.
file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

Headlight covers from Saleen and bumper number.
file-13.jpg

Wheels clean up nicely.
file-14.jpg

My, what a big wing you have...
file-15.jpg

You change Saleens like most people change underwear!

Good looking car Bob.

"silverblueBP" said:
You change Saleens like most people change underwear.
Hey, I had the 91 for 2 years, and the 2000 for 3 years. Some people drink, some smoke, some change women often. I'm allowed ONE vice.... :thu

"BobV" said:
Hey, I had the 91 for 2 years, and the 2000 for 3 years. Some people drink, some smoke, some change women often. I'm allowed ONE vice.... :thu

Yeah, I say that to Deb about track days and racing :roll

Love those racecraft cars! How does one find an original battery? Are those the tags from your old car or did they come with this one?

"BobV" said:
Ummm....surely another vice is responsible for the waist size...no?

looks pretty good in the pics!
I've got some 1986 air for the tires somewhere around here if your interested... :sarc

Looks pretty Sharp. I'm not a huge fan of the four eyed foxes, but the saleen kit makes up for it. I like this one.

With that wing, all you need is a "gtR" emblem and some japanese characters on the back glass, and you'll be set. :sarc

Nice looking car!

"Midlife" said:
With that wing, all you need is a "gtR" emblem and some japanese characters on the back glass, and you'll be set. :sarc

Nice looking car!

If nothing else a NOS sticker

"BobV" said:
So you keep each older one for less time. By this logic, you'll be looking for an older car in what, a couple of months.

Nice car by the way!

Back