• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

This might have something to do with it

blue65coupe

Alt. wiring is toast. Wiring harness going to alt consists of three wires. Two yellow with a bunch of dirt and one black. Black one is just hanging and I have no idea where it goes. One of the yellow ones (closest to pass. side) broke when I touched it and the ground wire is a little frayed at both ends. Anybody know where to buy just the alt. wiring pigtail and where that black wire will attach?

Thanks. Just found a couple. Maybe I'll get out of having to replace the alternator! I wish I would've rewired the whole car when I had it apart.

"blue65coupe" said:
Thanks. Just found a couple. Maybe I'll get out of having to replace the alternator! I wish I would've rewired the whole car when I had it apart.
is it insured? I can arrange a little battery acid to eat away the wires and make it look like an accident! :)

"blue65coupe" said:
Doesn't work as well as you'd think.

You're not supposed to ask the insurance company how much you get if it burns before it burns........

Part = $21.xx

Tax = $2.xx

Shipping = $8.xx

WTH? It would've been almost as cheap for me to drive down there! That is their "minimum" shipping charge. Whoa!!

Yep....that is most places min. shipping. At NPD, I think I can get about $160.00 of product shipped for the min. as long as it is not over sized. That is when I look art the $300 mark.........

I look locally for small parts and a lot of times they get it with no shipping.

"AzPete" said:
You're not supposed to ask the insurance company how much you get if it burns before it burns........

How else am I supposed to evaluate providers? You gotta know how the benefits pay out, man.

In unrelated news, my freaking house won't sell, but this thread gives me an idea......

"hbar" said:
How else am I supposed to evaluate providers? You gotta know how the benefits pay out, man.

In unrelated news, my freaking house won't sell, but this thread gives me an idea......

Don't ask the day before the fire........common sense.........

Back