• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Thursday brain exercise & yes i know its Wednesday in the rest of the world

This was a Car Talk Puzzler in 2006. The sentence was "Click and Clack's Garage". The answer was:

The spaces between Click and and and and and Clack aren't equal.

A man is painting the shop sign for "Wygand And Anderson". Unfortunately, he gets it wrong, and the proprietor comes out and complains "The space between Wygand and And and And and Anderson is not the same". Five and words, seven and sounds, in a row.

I had to google it after I read Mids reply

My answer was about a fish and chip shop. The signwriter left out the spaces between Fish and And and And and Chips.

Anyway i'm gonna take my bat and ball and go home, now that you Bastards cheated by knowing the answer.

I saw George Bush answer that on Larry King just a week ago.

"scedd" said:
Can you use a word 5 times in a row in a sentence and have it make sense?

I can do better: "Mary, while John had had "had", had had "had had". "Had had" had had the teacher's approval.

I love puzzlers like this. Here's another: What's the longest word in the English language to have only one vowel? Here's the hint: it has 9 letters and you might see it on a resumé.

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
I love puzzlers like this. Here's another: What's the longest word in the English language to have only one vowel? Here's the hint: it has 9 letters and you might see it on a resumé.

Strengths

"scedd" said:
My answer was about a fish and chip shop. The signwriter left out the spaces between Fish and And and And and Chips.

Anyway i'm gonna take my bat and ball and go home, now that you Bastards cheated by knowing the answer.

You Aussie's are some sick, funny mofos. You need to recruit some more!

Your new Title warrants that you begin an immediate recruitment drive.

Also, us left handers would like to know what's involved in converting to right hand drive. Whether it id required by law, and finally some process pictures.

Converting to Right Hand Drive is optional for vehicles over 30 years old.
There is a mixed opinion on whether to do it, some believe it devalues cars that may go back to the USA, but i dont agree, as theres plenty of parts to fix them.
I wouldnt have LHD as it doesnt feel safe to me, especially when pulling out to pass.
There are enough f#ckwits on the roads here who arent watching where there going and their staring at a decent car is bad enough, let alone having them gawking at an empty drivers seat.
When we went to Hawaii in May, it was quite unsettling being on the "wrong" side of the road and i didnt really get used to it after 8 days.
To me safety is more important than "cool" looks.
You can do your own conversion for the older cars here in Queensland, but it has to be inspected by an engineer, as the drag link is cut, welded and X-rayed to get the steering right.
We share many parts with you in our Falcons. My power booster, upper and lower control arms, stubs, tie rods and brakes are all local parts, off a 93 ED falcon.
A new 2010 mustang costs $38,000AU to convert and there are only a couple of places that can do them, so i have a bit more saving to do before the princess gets her new car, the total for a 2010 GT is about 150k on road as we have to pay shipping of 5k, conversion, GST of 10% plus luxury car tax for anything over 60k, but thats OK coz our govt needs the money for our stimulus packages, which are working that well that they have put interest rates up.

I do love that title, Mr. Prime Minister. awesome.

I would like to see pics of the conversion.

I worked with an Aussie, he was telling me about the car issue there. He was thinking of importing his 300M over there.

Mel

Back