• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Time for a new contest ...

janschutz

Corn Hauler
As I building my own carshow trophies, I got an idea for a Stangfix award. It is called the Dang It Award (DIA). It is similar to the unnamed boards unnamed award but this one will be real. I will post a pic of the award when it is done.

Post your ideas for rules, but since I making it, I get to choose. (Wow the power is going to my head)

Some rules I thought about

Must be car related blunder but Mustang ones are preferred.

Everyone post their stories and remember, no pics, it did not happen.

Everyone gets to vote at the end of the year.

The award can be passed to the next years winner but if you want to keep it, you need to supply a new one to give the next years winner. I trying to keep it somewhat small so it fits in a Medium Flat Rate box, I had to scale down my design for that.

I got two stories.
1. Circa 1972, I had a 65 GT coupe, and had to replace the water pump. Got it in, and went for a test drive, only going about 1 mile and then it died. Waited a bit, and it did it again. Had it towed to the Ford Stealership. My mechanic (who always did my tune-ups and boy...what great tune-ups!) came out, and asked if I just replaced the water pump. Yup, I said. Well, you put the bolts back in the incorrect order, and a longer one was interfering with the fuel pump lever. Ouch.
2. 1998, and I just obtained Midlife. I wanted the dash lights to be a bit brighter, so I had a great idea to adjust the gauge face plates back to allow more light! Brilliant, I said! To do so required removing the gauges and re-installing them. Put everything back, hooked up the battery, and the engine gauge feed harness started smoking! Had to disconnect the battery, but the damage was done. Sure enough, the ammeter posts on the dash cluster shorted to the case when I re-installed it. Had to buy a replacement engine gauge feed harness. Wiring inside the car wasn't too badly damaged, though. This began my interest in wiring, so I took advantage of a catastrophe...

I think #2 started the Doofus Award at the un-named site.

Who had the last VMF award like this? It had wrenches on it and a few other items.

Called the Doofus Award I think.

5223418a1bbeb2c7cd762bded90dbe76.jpg

Mark

Not mustang related, but I decided to do 60k mile brakes for my wife’s Toyota Highlander. Ordered new pads and had the rotors turned. They came back NICE. Crazy anti squeal steels for the pads kept falling out so I was fighting with them. Got all back together and decided to take the wife out somewhere while I bedded the pads. Pads felt like rocks against the rotors. Wife said something ain’t right and I had to agree. Drive it back home and took off passenger wheel and caliper to discover I had put one of the pads in facing out... that stupid steel had me aggravated and I put a pad in backwards. I’ve done a lot of brakes and never had done this. Cost me 80 bux for a new rotor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's a brave man.
Not only telling us about it but going along on his wife's test drive.

Back