• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

To console or not?

Dne'

The more I wrestle with this console, the more I don't like it as much as I thought I would! Seems like the riding compartment is crowded enough without a console. I do like the cleaner look of the simple automatic indicator/bezel~ I'm just torn.
I'm also thinking about a radio now(like I haven't been)~ If I go with the long console, i'd have to use one of the aftermarket "factory looking"radios or "destroy" the face plate of this console(that piece is probably difficult to find). Now I see bezels for aftermarket radios and they look very neat and accomodate a newer style radio.
So, what are your thoughts, what do you like?
dne'
ps; the photo doesn't do this console justice, I'm sure it would look ok once installed.
aconsole.jpg

I like the factory consoles because there are not a lot around. I hear a lot of people not wanting to spend the extra bucks to put one together and they can buy a humphugger cheaper. To me it is about looks, not functionality so much. I drive mine a lot and about the only drinks in the car is water bottles. To me, it does not cramp the inside and believe me, I need all the interior room I can get.

Maybe do something different like colored vinyl covering of the black plastic area. As you say, when cleaned up, it will look a lot better.

Two I have had. The lower one had the black paint removed from the top panels and gave a different look.

unload014.jpg

100_9541.jpg

Dne'
I keep forgetting to show this picture to you. It's the Cougar console part with a clock. If you wanted to put in a tach. It's not perfect shape and you may not even go with a console but here is the pic anyway.
index.php

Back